Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
skurakai

context menu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi. Is possible integration of subdownloader to Windows eplorer "context menu" like previous version 1.x?

This feature is inactive (grey).

capiscuas

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi skurakai, that option is in our priority bugs to be fixed soon.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader

Thanks.

skurakai

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 am

gothicx

Available for Ubuntu Hardy

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:15 pm

It's available for Ubuntu Hardy at http://www.GetDeb.net

stekre

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 am

Is there any way to run this program totally automatic? For instance a command line function or something? I'm using win xp.

I would like to direct a program to a folder and make it go through all movies and subfolders and download the english subtitles with the best score. Is this possible with subdownloader? Or is there some other program that does this?

TeamAJ

Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm

Why does SubDownloader parse ALL video files and subtitles in the directory for every file that I drag&drop or use the "Select videos" option?

e.g. I drag 6 files into the window.
SD does the whole "Scanning files" thing, six times. This directory, unfortunately, is on my NAS and has 100GB of files, so scanning isn't that fast.

capiscuas

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 am

TeamAJ, that bug has been corrected in 2.0.7, please download last version.

https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+download

pko

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Is this program shareware now? it says "unregistered version, 30 days left", and when you select "register" it goes directly to paypal to "donate" 10 bucks ("donate"? why not "buy a license"????)

What happens after those 30 days? does it stop working? becomes nagware? nothing?

capiscuas

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 pm

that is right. It's like an experiment, we'll see the aceptance of the people. The program is and it will always be open sourced, linux and mac versions are not sharewared of course neither, and running the program form sources neither.

No law says that you cannot get money from open source programs.

After few months of experiment we will consider about keeping ,changing the price or deleting the shareware limitation which after 30 days makes the program inactive until you register for a license key.

macofaco

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Strange decision, many users won't like it...

pko

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:33 am

The main problem IMHO is that it has too many bugs yet. It is not polished enough to pretend people to pay for it... in fact, feature-wise, is not even at subdownloader 1 level yet, and after 30 days both versions have the exact same functionality... a real pity.

In any case, I think that trying to get money from it is ethically doubtful, because capitalizes on the people sending the subs without profit intentions; in any case the program should be always functional when UPLOADING subs...

And the producers, writers, etc. are not paid for their work, so any project that tries to make money out of it is probably illegal in some countries (USA and all EU included), open source or not, while a non-profit one would probably be legal everywhere.

macofaco

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:53 pm

pko, people are not paying for subtitles, they are paying for client development (IMHO).

pko

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:59 am

pko, people are not paying for subtitles, they are paying for client development (IMHO).
Yes, but try to convince a judge. And the fact that the vast majority of the subtitles are copyrighted and not licensed, and that the developers obviously know that, gives the lawyers plenty of room, since the existence of profit intention (regardless of actual profit) invalidates the "private copy" protection argument.

macofaco

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:41 am

But how do they know which subtitle is copyrighted and which is not. Users uploaded them. I think uploader is responsible for legality issue of published subtitle. But if actual subtitle owner finds out that his/her subtitle was published without his knowledge, he can send complain to database owners and I am sure they would delete such subtitles.

ixquic

Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 am

Well I'm not going to file any bugs if it's payware now. Bad decision.

Return to “Programs using OS”