Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
subbyta

Subdownloader: doesn't download subs

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Hello all. The program would hash correctly, and find the subs, but then it won't download them. The program seems to hang (progress window gives no response), but no error message is displayed, this can go on for more than 20 minutes. When I restart the program, a small windows pop ups and reports that there have been some errors, and asks me if I want to send them, which I do.
Log says nothing at the time of hanging.

I have copied MSVCP71.DLL and GDIPLUS.DLL in the program directory, just in case.

I have tried downloading at different times of the day with the same result.

I have tried to used Oscar, and it worked.

eduo

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 am

This could be because there's a new method for the subtitle download where they're downloaded as a zip folder instead of a gzipped file. Older versions of SubDownloader don't handle this format.

Obviously, OS would need to confirm. I prefer this method (actually, I suggested it) but SD has been broken for most.

subbyta

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:50 am

So you'd suggest moving to Oscar instead?

eduo

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:18 am

Until SubDownloader 2 is released yes.

And if you use Macintosh then you're, pretty much, screwed. I can use it because I use my own program and right now I'm changing it to support zipfiles.

subbyta

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks for the answers then. And thanks for supporting those programs. Subtitles are very useful for those that want to learn languages, and an automated download program would make this far easy. I just can't refrain from thinking about the day when downloading a subtitles will be as easy as nowadays downloading a film is. Keep up the good work!

James

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:12 pm

try this.. http://sharebee.com/b5be8c1a works fine for me (windows XP SP2)
Do good things, and good things happen to you
[img]http://homel.vsb.cz/~spi057/userbar.gif[/img]

eduo

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 pm

The protocol has been fixed so every subdownloader that used to work should be working again now.

RichardWeiss

Re: Subdownloader: doesn't download subs

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks, but I think its more simple way how to solve problem for example with msvcr71.dll error. You need download file from http://fix4dll.com/msvcr71_dll and add it into the right directory, without any additional software. Try to and I'm sure you'll fix it fast.

Return to “Programs using OS”