Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Subber (Download/Upload subtitles)

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 pm

[name removed by SmallBrother] - Ivory Coast
Off-topic, but hey...
Dear semprandoni, for your own privacy and security, please do NOT 'sign' with your real full name.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

noembryo

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:14 pm

I tried to download:
The.Big.Heat.1953.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC
from opensubtitles.org

I downloaded it two years ago, but my old computer was stolen.
I Know well that these subtitles are french.
You know that there are the same subtitles that you downloaded two years ago?
How?
In Subber, I selected Opensubtitles and deselected Podnapisi; but Subber insists downloading Podnapisi and not Opensubtitles.
To download from a specific site you have to disable the others before pressing the "Search" button.
You can also double click the video entry and see for yourself what are the found subtitles and from where are they coming.
After that you can select the ones you like and press the "Download Selected" button.
And if you are really lazy like me, you can check the "Get all found subtitles" check box (under the "Search" button), and when you press "Download", Subber will download all found subtitles, so you can check them one by one... :wink:

bikefanatic

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:44 pm

Hello,

is subber still working with OS ? Tried yesterday do download a few titles. But subber can't find any on opensubtitle.org, only from the other two sites. Used my login for OS, did not work. When i search manually on the website i can find the titles. Do i need to be VIP or register for API to use subber with OS ?

Thanks in advance.
B.R.

noembryo

Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:40 pm

is subber still working with OS ? Tried yesterday do download a few titles. But subber can't find any on opensubtitle.org, only from the other two sites. Used my login for OS, did not work. When i search manually on the website i can find the titles. Do i need to be VIP or register for API to use subber with OS ?
Just checked and it seems to be working OK.
No need to login, just "Anonymous" is enough..
Some internet/server glitch perhaps?

bikefanatic

Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:20 pm

Just checked and it seems to be working OK.
No need to login, just "Anonymous" is enough..
Some internet/server glitch perhaps?
Ok, weird. I will try again at home tonight. Maybe a problem with the naming, my movies are named as follow "moviename (year).mkv".
Anyway is it possible to add one more subtitle source ? I would give a donation :)
Sorry if it's not allowed to ask for.

noembryo

Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:15 pm

Maybe a problem with the naming, my movies are named as follow "moviename (year).mkv".
This has nothing to do with filenames. OpenSubtitles does not use them. It uses the hash of the file.
So maybe there is no subtitle for your video file, even if there is one for another release of the same video.. :?
The other providers use the filename and you get results, so, nothing wrong with your filenames.. :)
Anyway is it possible to add one more subtitle source ? I would give a donation :)
Well, at this time I'm working on porting Subber to Python 3, so that I could fix the Cloudflare's blocks.
After that, maybe.. 8)
It depends a lot on the provider, since most of them are impossible to scrape.
Which one you had in mind?

bikefanatic

Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:15 am

I checked yesterday again... same results, then i remembered... it could be an issue with the hash, since i don't care if it's the same release, (i can edit the FPS and sync. to fit to my release) i didn't check for the release. Maybe you can add a fallback possibility for search by text for OS?

I had in mind "Titlovi.com". They have a lot of balkan subtitles and a few apps and addons working for downloading titles. None of them are working now. Maybe because of cloudflare. I have tried to scrape them, but was not successful.

Anyway, very nice app!

oss
Site Admin

Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:54 pm

@noembryo definitely good idea is to use filename search if moviehash doesnt return anything, also manual search. Moviename works quite good, we can parse a lot of stuff from filename....try :)

Return to “Programs using OS”