Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
vankasteelj

Re: OpenSubtitles-Uploader (Windows/Linux/OSX)

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:34 pm

Thank you, that was quick.

I got this upon install:

Please check if okay, and remove from package if not.

Thanks.
You'll need to check with nwjs at https://nwjs.io/, I don't build those source binaries, I merely compile a windows installer around that.

Here's a ticket opened on the nwjs project regarding those AV flags: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7725

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:19 pm

You'll need to check with nwjs at https://nwjs.io/, I don't build those source binaries, I merely compile a windows installer around that.

Here's a ticket opened on the nwjs project regarding those AV flags: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7725

I understand the concept of false positives. But please be advised that the same thing happened with the portable version around my NOD32 Windows environment, on the same file (notification.helper.exe). Also, it did NOT happen on version 2.5.0

Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

vankasteelj

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:28 pm

For the 2.6.0 release, I used nwjs 0.53.0-sdk, for 2.5.0 I used nwjs 0.39.3-sdk. The latest nwjs version is 0.60.0-sdk. Can you perform a check on those three packages and report the results here? You can download the nwjs binaries, including notification_helper.exe here: https://dl.nwjs.io/

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 pm

I have checked all three archives 0.39.3 and 0.53.0 and 0.60.0 - no problem.
I have explicitely checked the notification.helper.exe files of each those archives - no problem.
I have checked all files of 0.53.0 - no problem.

Beats me....
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

vankasteelj

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 pm

That is indeed wierd. Maybe I got a faulty version locally that got packaged? Could you try this archive I just packaged with nwjs 0.60.0-sdk with a clean install: https://we.tl/t-1SjmeNlrKd (link active only 7 days) ?

NB: It's normal that the installer is unsigned, I dont have a developer key or certificate, but the installed contents should not be flagged as harmful in any way...

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:58 pm

I think signing or not has nothing to do with it...

Just checked both the executable installer and the portable unzipped directory, and also explicity the notification_helper.exe
No red flags.

Seems pretty effin weird why I *DO* get a red flag on the Uploader as a whole, and the notification_helper.exe mentioned in specific.

Grrrr.
Back to smoke signals?
NEVER red flags NOR false positives.

CapnChron

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:45 am

Hi,

I updated my OpenSubtitles Uploader to 2.6.0
I have noticed that it's not picking up the media information and inserting
the data onto the right side of the program under Movie AKA/Release Name/FPS/Total Time etc
I've provided a screenshot. I've tried with other media files and still get blank boxes
Any ideas?

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mJVZP4p.jpg

Thanks,

CC

vankasteelj

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:05 am

It's working fine for me. Try CTRL+D to open debug tools, head to the console logs and report on github if there are errors or warnings (red or yellow line of text). https://github.com/vankasteelj/opensubt ... der/issues

this thread is only monitored because of the recent news with Opensubtitles, the place to report any issue is on github

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 pm

That is indeed wierd. Maybe I got a faulty version locally that got packaged? Could you try this archive I just packaged with nwjs 0.60.0-sdk with a clean install: https://we.tl/t-1SjmeNlrKd (link active only 7 days)
I did it once again, with only the portable version:
The version you posted on wetransfer (with nwjs 0.60.0-sdk) has NO problem, no red flags from my AV.
The version I download from Github (with nwjs 0.53.0-sdk) DOES have a problem, AV red flag, notification_helper gets deleted..

I don't know about other AVs, but instead of trying to solve some mysterious mystery, maybe just replace the files on Github?

vankasteelj

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:55 pm

I've replaced the binaries, there shouldn't be any real issues though, NWjs always has been reliable.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 pm

I found the logic - my mistake:
I checked the 64-bits version of nwjs, while you used the 32-bits version.
And indeed, nwjs-sdk-v0.53.0-win-ia32.zip triggers the AV as well.

I still think its a false positive, but better no red flags.
Thanks for replacing the files - everything okay now.

pooond

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:31 pm

Hi,

I updated my OpenSubtitles Uploader to 2.6.0
I have noticed that it's not picking up the media information and inserting
the data onto the right side of the program under Movie AKA/Release Name/FPS/Total Time etc
I've provided a screenshot. I've tried with other media files and still get blank boxes
Any ideas?

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mJVZP4p.jpg

Thanks,

CC
Hi,

Change this path to match your user program folder if using Windows:
D:\Prog Files\OpenSubtitles Uploader\node_modules\mediainfo-wrapper\lib
Or for most it may be:
C:\Program Files\OpenSubtitles Uploader\node_modules\mediainfo-wrapper\lib

That "lib" folder will most likely be empty.
Get a portable version and copy the files from that versions "lib" folder and paste them into your main empty "lib" folder and then try it. It should work.
You can also get those files from the previous version 2.5 and copy/paste from/into the "lib" folder. Easy than it sounds. Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.
Patch should work until new version released, which could be months/years.

Step 1: Create "new folder" on desktop.
Step 2: From a portable version of 2.5.0, copy files from "lib folder" and paste into "new folder."
Step 3: Go into version 2.6.0 "lib" folder and paste files from Step 2.
Step 4: Launch version 2.6 again and now it should work.
Step 5: Delete "new folder" and any other version on your system.

Or if you have version 2.5 now already, copy files from 2.5 "lib" folder first and paste these into a "New Folder" for later.
Uninstall 2.5 version completely from your system.
Install 2.6 version, and then paste those files from the "New Folder" into "lib" folder of version 2.6.
Provided when you do it that version still has an empty "lib" folder.

Viola!
Last edited by pooond on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vankasteelj

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:04 pm

Say I'm lazy, say it m****** !

(I aaaaaaam but there's so much to do... Why doesnt mediainfo automatically get into my latest release? Why dont I test the releases? Nobody knows :D )

CapnChron

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:03 am

Hi,

Change this path to match your user program folder if using Windows:
D:\Prog Files\OpenSubtitles Uploader\node_modules\mediainfo-wrapper\lib

That "lib" folder will most likely be empty.
Get a portable version and copy the files from that versions "lib" folder and paste them into your main empty "lib" folder and then try it. It should work.
You can also get those files from the previous version 2.5 and copy/paste from/into the "lib" folder. Easy than it sounds. Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.
Hello, I'll look into this later on, for the timebeing I've reverted back to 2.5.0 and I get
Mediainfo there. I will eventually move to 2.6.0 later on. Thanks for the details.

CC

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:07 am

until new version released, which could be months/years.

Uche-uche. He was fast like lightning to release a new after-hack-version :shock:
Get a portable version and copy the files from that versions "lib" folder and paste them into your main empty "lib" folder and then try it.

My problem may be related but it's not the same, it's worse :)

I am using the portable version (2.6.0). Also here that directory "lib" is empty. I copied the contents of that directory of version 2.5.0 but it does not do the job. When I drag a video file into that video pane, the whole pane (also the left part) remains empty and I get this error:

Unknown OpenSubtitles related error,
please retry later or report the issue

I have already contacted Oss. This error happened before when there is an error in Cloudflare settings, but this time, this was not the case.

My version 2.5.0 works 'more or less'. But it gives an error because of using a new version profile on an old version. I am using portable versions of both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0.

Return to “Programs using OS”