Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
double_m

imdb connection

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:38 pm

hi. i think this question will be best answered by the mods or admins of this page: i would like to know, how do you connect to the IMDB database. I noticed that i can search subtitles by entering the imdb id. what script is used to do that?

thanks for all the help.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:03 pm

we are using perl's IMDB module, but IMDB classes/modules exists for more programming languages as PHP, Python and so on. We have in DB IMDB ids, so thats why is possible search by IMDB. Do you want create subtitles web like this ? :)

double_m

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 pm

I'm more of an ASP programmer, so it would be great if i could find modules written for ASP.

Don't worry...i'm not working on my own subtitles web, 'cus i don't want to drive you guys out of business :wink: Just kiddin' : i'm actually making my own personal-use database of movies, and i would like to connect to IMDB the same way you guys do: by adding IMDB ids to every movie in my database.

So...would it be too much to ask for a link where you got your perl module...perhaps i can find a module for my use.

Tnx again.

skurakai

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 am

Little OT:

For personaly movie database is good software Ant Movie Catalog which use search scripts (Imdb, ...)

:)

double_m

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:38 am

i know there are a lot of programs for such things, but i want to do this my way, the design i want, the functions i want, the modules i want etc.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:51 pm

ok, for perl scrips always look into search.cpan.org - you will find there all official modules for perl, IMDB is one of them, you will find it, it is coded by my friend Michael Stepanov. I am not sure, but for ASP you will probarly dont find anything.

double_m

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08 am

you're right...i haven't found anything for ASP. Damn....

i hope i get lucky google-ing for a month :? :D

Return to “General talk”