Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Your Thoughts were a waste of a post

Yes
25%
No
25%
i have no thoughts, i just like to click on stuff.
50%

Total votes: 4
jrrtt37

Thoughts

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Even though this is my first post, i'd figure i would ask some question pretaining to this forum.(owning one myself)

Do you think your General Talk area should be more General? instead of being generally about subtitles? If not, then what about a OFF-TOPIC forum section, i'm sure not everyone wants to chat about subtitles all day long. Then again your Junk area might be just that, but it's not that appealing.
(just a thought)

And regular posters, having the ability to create polls, i can create a poll on anything i want, foul or not, your leaving a lot of freedom in the hands of users, think you should let the polls be in the hands of a mod or a admin, (with almost 40 users, the mods are going to need some kind of job, instead of just holding a title.)

thats it folks. just throwing that out there, roll it around a little, get a taste.
[url=http://rustedwire.com][b][color=orange]Rustedwire.com[/color][/b][/url]
[size=75][b]The Page of a New Subtitler.[/b][/size]

oss
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Even though this is my first post, i'd figure i would ask some question pretaining to this forum.(owning one myself)
welcome my friend :)
Do you think your General Talk area should be more General? instead of being generally about subtitles? If not, then what about a OFF-TOPIC forum section, i'm sure not everyone wants to chat about subtitles all day long. Then again your Junk area might be just that, but it's not that appealing.
(just a thought)
good idea. As you can see, this is totally new website/forum. The maintime I'm coding stuff to website, I dont have too much time to administrate also forum. But making new section is question of 1 minute.
And regular posters, having the ability to create polls, i can create a poll on anything i want, foul or not, your leaving a lot of freedom in the hands of users, think you should let the polls be in the hands of a mod or a admin, (with almost 40 users, the mods are going to need some kind of job, instead of just holding a title.)
next right point. from start it is good be a nice guy, who let users. Next, when this forum will have many users and some of them will be not so nice, we will restrict them by doing this.

Ok, going to code some nice features :)

doctordri

Thu May 25, 2006 11:57 pm

I agree: as long as nobody gets harmed, i think its pretty friendly to let users some freedom so they can get involved with the site and become useful participants. Theres always time to apply restrictive rules.
[color=red][b]Vivian:[/b][/color] [i]Why did you have to go on?[/i]
[color=blue][b]Marlowe:[/b][/color] [i]Too many people told me to stop.[/i]

Return to “General talk”