Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
bonofreeman

nobody's home?

Fri May 18, 2007 6:28 am

no body can help me with my request for the English subtitles for "the office" ??:cry: why everyone keeps silence here?wow long live the open resource-the free resource

giannid

Fri May 18, 2007 2:56 pm

These shows have only been out a few weeks. What you should do next time is look at the most recent subs and see if it says where they originate from. You can then go to that website and see if they have the latest subtitles.

If you get them in the future, be sure to add them here. This time I put them up for you.
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... ovie-11212

Enjoy :)

bonofreeman

Sat May 19, 2007 6:28 am

Nice person nice TV shows.I'm enjoying it
it seems the TV shows come out so slow,but it doesn't matter,I just like it,because I'm not a native speaker,I need subs to understand more clear.Thanks for your time here again. :)

ixquic

Sat May 26, 2007 4:31 pm

English subs are often slow to come out, even for TV shows where you can rip the captions from the TV signal and with some editing you're done. I've noticed that some translators' groups get English transcripts or subtitles within 1-2 days after the release, but don't publish them because they want to publish their translation first. Fear of "competitors". That's a twisted way of thinking, especially here where it should be about sharing, but for them it's about "us vs. them", money (ad revenue for their sites) and elitism.

Return to “General talk”