Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Caramelsutra

Help the n00b.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:15 pm

I just registered and downloaded the first subtitle in my life. (yey)
I just readed some things about adding it to your player, but my question is, how do u link it to ur DVD when u burn it?

Can you just burn the movie + subtitle as 2 things, which automaticly work together?

Do you have to link it to a player and then burn it?

Need help ASAP!

Worst

Re: Help the n00b.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:58 pm

my question is, how do u link it to ur DVD when u burn it?
You can't burn external subtitles on DVD-video disc (if you mean this). Maybe it's theoretically possible, but use them only with DivX, XVid etc.
Can you just burn the movie + subtitle as 2 things, which automaticly work together?
:D Yes we can... and you too! Put the subtitles into the same folder as movie and also both with the same name, e.g. "The Matrix.avi" and "The Matrix.srt". It's also better to use *.srt format, rather than *.sub, *.txt etc.
If you do this, it will automaticaly work in most situations (also in external DVD players)
Do you have to link it to a player and then burn it?
I don't understand what you mean... but I think you don't have to do anything else.

nyteeyes2001

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi you can use AVI2DVD and it will encode it together, this program is found at afterdawn.com. Hope this helps.

Return to “General talk”