Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ligio

Subtitle text problem

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:55 am

I have downloaded many subtitles in Greek but when i open the srt file, fonts are in Latin as a result text to be unreadable. I have tried everything in order to restore that. I saved the file as Unicode, UTF-8 but still nothing. When i open the subs with subtitle softwares same problem. I also converted a movie including the subs and when i played the movie on tv, subs were in latin fonts.
Any help for this problem?
Thanks

Christos1981

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:11 pm

I have the same problem... the subtitles are correct.. but i can only see them in Greek if I open the srt file in Word and select the Greek coding.. but then i cannot save it to srt file it can only be saved as a word document.. still trying to figure it out.. anybody wanna help?

TZOTZIOY

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:00 am

Give us an example link of a subtitle from the site that you cannot see correctly.

You didn't specify what program you use for viewing video, nor if your Windows (because you most probably use Windows) has Greek as the default codepage in the control panel.

If your Windows does not have Greek as the default codepage, opening a text file and saving as UTF-8 won't change a thing.
--
Just an earthbound misfit, I.

ligio

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:22 am

I figured it out. Go Control Panel - Regional and Languague Options, Advanced and select Greek on the bar. Then notepad will open in Greek.

Return to “General talk”