Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
thegamedr

dubbed movies

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:24 am

I have a question...since there are sites like this from which you can d/l subtitle to watch movies...is there something like this for dubbed audio. Can i d/l spanish audio to use it to watch some dvd...the reason i ask is because most of the times spanish audio is ripped out of the dvd rips in the usenet.

Any way to do this?

Also, can the subtitles i find here be used for a dvd or are they only for divx versions?

Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Re: dubbed movies

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:06 pm

I have a question...since there are sites like this from which you can d/l subtitle to watch movies...is there something like this for dubbed audio. Can i d/l spanish audio to use it to watch some dvd...the reason i ask is because most of the times spanish audio is ripped out of the dvd rips in the usenet.
it is not bad idea and I thought about it. But there is problem with this, quite serious. Spanish movie <> English movie <> Swedish movie. Many times there are some cuts, and movie is just longer/smaller than other.

If this was not true, I dont see any problem to rip out any audio (but this is serious illegal stuff...), and put this on usenet/torrents/p2p...but I dont think exist something like this.
Any way to do this?
technical stuff is not so hard, you encode movie, encode audio, demux (virtual dub is ok), and you have audio file you can spread and video file.
Also, can the subtitles i find here be used for a dvd or are they only for divx versions?
Thanks
for DVD they will work too, use media player classic for example to watch DVD and vobsub DS plugin to watch them.

thegamedr

one last thing

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:32 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if i could add the subtitles to a dvd to play it on a stand alone dvd player, is it possible?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:38 pm

sorry, this is not possible AFAIK. Maybe some advanced players support this, but I am not sure. Try to look at KISS players.

capiscuas

Re: one last thing

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:37 am

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if i could add the subtitles to a dvd to play it on a stand alone dvd player, is it possible?
Tecnically i think that's possible but maybe slow.

You have to download a SRT(or another divx subtitle) to IDX/SUB converter.
Then you make your own DVD subtitle(IDX/SUB).

You use a DVD-Video burner and you mix all the stuff:
-The original DVD video files.
-The converted IDX/SUB subtitles.

Then you have a DVD with the subtitles to play in any normal DVD player

doctordri

Fri May 26, 2006 12:28 am

About audio files: it is, actually, an unusual practice. Some encoders split the different audio streams while DVDrip is being done, and then publicate the "original version" and the "dubbed audio files" separately. Problem here is that audio streams are usually AC3 or MP3 compressed, what means they need some weight (at least about 100 Mb each), and that makes it difficult to spread them among the web - sites cant host so heavy files. You can find a few audio streams for some movies (and "dual" editions, too) on P2P nets, like edonkey/emule.

About subs on DVD players: if you want to insert subs in DVD format (VOB files), see guides above); otherwise, you can integrate the subs in AVI encoded movies while you (re)encode them, so subs are played as images along with the film, or you can try the new ".divx" container that new DVD players will admit, which allows to insert floating subtitles into files (what means more than one language per movie).
[color=red][b]Vivian:[/b][/color] [i]Why did you have to go on?[/i]
[color=blue][b]Marlowe:[/b][/color] [i]Too many people told me to stop.[/i]

Return to “General talk”