Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Omario

Goodbye Lenin! subs problem

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi there,

I've downloaded goodbye lenin! and cannot for the life of me get subtitles to work.

i've tried wmp, divx and winamp.

The video file is named: 'GoodbyeLenin-2003.avi'

And i've tried a variety of subtitle formats but they just don't seem to work..

'GoodbyeLenin-2003.srt'
'GoodbyeLenin-2003.dtc'
'GoodbyeLenin-2003.sub'

Could you tell me what i might be doing wrong? I've read many posts and follwed the steps. Please help! :( :(

Thanks.

skurakai

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:48 pm

Omario

Still no worky worky

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 am

Thanks, but none of that works.

When the subtitles don't appear automatically, i can't access the subtitles options.

do you think there could be something wrong with the .avi? can it corrupt the subtitle capability?

Still at a loss.... help would be greatly appreciated.

O

Worst

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:52 am

Do you use something like ffdshow, vobsub or smthing? Maybe you have to set subtitles here (or disable), I know that e.g. in MP classic or BS player it looks like you said "When the subtitles don't appear automatically, i can't access the subtitles options". But maybe I'm totally out, it just crossed my mind.

I don't recommend you tzo use WMP or WinAmp for watching video. Use BS Player or Media Player Classic, you can expect less problems of this kind.

And I don't think that there's something wrong with video file. Give us URL of the subtitles, so we can check them.

Omario

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks for your help.

It must be a configuration problem because i can't get axxo's babel to work either:

Babel[2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo.avi
Babel[2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo.srt

I use windows media player 10, and i've tried divX and winamp to no avail.

In WMP i right click, and go to PLAY/LYRICS,CAPTIONS and SUBTITLES and then enable 'on if available'.

I can't see much more i'm doing wrong. Any ideas. Maybe I'm missing something elementary but i've looked at the other posts and done what i'm supposed to do...?

Omario

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:21 am

Sorry, I'm using WMP11 not 10.

Incidentally, I have tried to use a couple of Babel subs from this site including axxo's and this one - BABEL.DVDSCREENER.DIVX.ENGLISH.srt.

The .srt file in my folder does not have a program associated with it either, is this normal?

Thanks.

Nikephoros

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:59 pm

First download the Videolan player.

Then install and run Videolan.

Go to File>Open File>

At the "Open" field browse until you have the movie selected. Below it will say "Use Subtitle"
Then where it says "File" browse until you select the subtitle file. Then click "OK".

Windows Media Player has lots of disadvantages to Videolan, it is alot slower more annoying to use, you have to mess around with installing codecs and vobsub, etc.

Return to “General talk”