Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
scooby007
Site Admin

Re: USEFUL SUBTITLE SOFTWARE

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Bravo!!! You the man.

If you ever get stuck again, the best thing to do is play around. Playing is learning. :D

Until next time. :shock:

yunior89

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Grazie!!!

And you are so right..experimenting around for the solution made it come out by itself!

by the way thank you so much for all the help till now and for all the software you adviced! :D :D 8)

filedeli

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Thank you very much yunior89 this will give us a huge help to our daily needs...

eqpierre

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

To anyone not yet satisfied with the subtitle-editor program they're using: try <Subtitle Edit (SE)>, i am using version 3.2.
Does everything I looked for: Visual sync, Removing extra characters for the Hearing-Impaired, OCR from ripped sub/idx titles, etc...

LifeCaptioned

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Could I also recommend the wonderful piece of kit I use here, which is called Subtitle Composer - I run off KDE 4:4.7.2 on Kubuntu Linux, 11.10, and this has been a joy to me. I have been captioning for about 3 years now, and until that program came along, I used to do mine "Burned in" on a video editor's titling suite. Subtitle Composer is loosely based on the UI used by Subtitle Workshop (Urusoft), but it does pretty much everything a good captioner needs it to.
LifeCaptioned
Captioning for the Hearing Impaired since 2009

massalha

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:41 am

Hi,
Arabic is the most complicated language ... each letter may have 1-4 different shapes ...
If anyone tried to watch a movie in any streamer, he will get - unconnected / unreadable Arabic letters.
This is the reason why i programmed this tool/service at
http://arabic-subtitles-fix.com
You can Upload your .srt file, and convert it to Visual Arabic.

Visual Arabic means that you will see Arabic in your streamer, but you wont be able to read it in your SRT TEXT editor.
example:
I convert this sentence "تم تعديل العربية بموقع " to this "ﻊﻗﻮﻤﺑ ﺔﻴﺑﺮﻌﻟﺍ ﻞﻳﺪﻌﺗ ﻢﺗ"
تم تعديل العربية بموقع - is what i write/read normally, but wont show fine in streamers.
but ﻊﻗﻮﻤﺑ ﺔﻴﺑﺮﻌﻟﺍ ﻞﻳﺪﻌﺗ ﻢﺗ will show fine in streamer, but not readable by humans.

Thanks.

hoangspham

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:42 pm

A friend of mine built https://getcaption.co, a great little app that takes the effort out of finding and setting up the right subtitles. Very easy to find subtitles and add to your VLC media player.

chester190813

Tue May 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello,
i would like to post an app i made for android, for subtitle creation and editing.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.beast.simplesubtitlecreator&hl=en
If anyone is interested in testing it, i would like his/her opinion on its content. I would be grateful if anyone could point out
what he/she dislikes about it and what he/she would like to see changed or added. I have no social media
and frankly i dislike them. I will try to create a facebook page for it so i can get downloaders' feedback, but
at the moment the feedback of the users of this site would be the most important thing to me.
Thanks for your time, and thank this site and its users for all the subs that have offered me all these years <3
Last edited by SmallBrother on Tue May 09, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the URL/link

garymiller

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 pm

What subtitling software is used by Netflix?

macano

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:08 am

What subtitling software is used by Netflix?

The Netflix format is dfxp.As long as your existing software produces files in the correct extension, you can choose any compatible system.

[After me removing it, user placed spam URL back into signature again. Sorry, no time for this, bye-bye.]

newkinds

Sun May 23, 2021 12:46 pm

SDH subtitle removal program
https://github.com/mattlyon93/filter-subs
Removes all SDH (Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing) entries and other tags.

Can be used for single sdh subs or for multiple subtitles.

Youtube tutorial how to run it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u37AWybIP3w

Return to “General talk”