Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ShooCat

Main site down?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 pm

The subject says it all, really. opensubtitles has been down for a couple of days on my end - and my brother's. So does the blog, which is where I would expect someone mentioning it. Only this forum here seems to be working for me now.

Is it just me? (OK, me and my bro)

Kreonium

Re: Main site down?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:33 pm

The subject says it all, really. opensubtitles has been down for a couple of days on my end - and my brother's. So does the blog, which is where I would expect someone mentioning it. Only this forum here seems to be working for me now.

I have the same problem...

:(

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Same problem.

fmfatal

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:08 pm

same

ShooCat

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:12 pm

opensubtitles has been down for a couple of days on my end - and my brother's. So does the blog
Oops, there goes my grammar.

Anyway, I'm kinda relieved to not be the only one, so I guess some fix is to be expected for us poor helpless fellas. :)

Oh, and thanks for the hint, macofaco, but I'm actually not so much interested in downloading subs as I am in upping them. :wink:

macofaco

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 pm

If you want to share subtitles via Sublight:

farslegender

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm having the same problem ... :?
ॐ "If you ever felt fear, shame or pain, is because we never take risks." ॐ

arcchancellor

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:27 am

Me too.

It seems to be a problem, which appears time to time.

"Everything comes to him who waits"

But it would be nice, if it would work. :wink:
"I don't believe in God. I just believe in Billy Wilder" - Fernando Trueba

Radar

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Same here

eduo

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm

If you want to share subtitles via Sublight:
Tell you what.

Change your protocol to match OpenSubtitles' in methods and hashing mechanism and I'll put it as an option in SolEol.

I'm all for multiple sites, but I don't see a point in having multiple incompatible protocols and, especially, hashing mechanisms. The OpenSubtitles one is currently being used in TVRage, TheTVDB, TheMovieDB and, stopwatch in hand, is faster than Sublight's.

To me the current protocol of OpenSubtitles can be improved but is already good enough and it's completely open. I think it makes an excelente basis for a distributed system where clients can connect to one or multiple sites to download subs.

Say Addic7ed or subdivx.com want to add subtitle searching APIs? They can adopt the same protocol and immediately two dozen clients can support them.

You can help make this happen, instead of trying to make your own separate incompatible protocol and preying on the OpenSubtitle forums behaving like a vulture, trying to snatch users away. There's enough public out there for all and the whole point is supposed to be sharing the subtitles, not making it harder for them to be shared.
http://eduo.info/
[url=http://eduo.info/soleol/]OpenSubtitles from your desktop: SolEol for Mac/Windows/Linux[/url]
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?showtopic=325&st=0&p=2480&#entry2480]My current episode processing work flow[/url].

jerine37

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:31 am

Yes, I have been trying for the last 4 days!

Whenever I try to open the main site and the blog, my IE brings me to this "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" page.
Is it the same for you??

I wonder if anyone is doing anything about it. Why is there no post to let us know what is happening? :cry: :cry: :cry:

macofaco

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 am

I am just giving people alternative to download their subtitles, because opensubtitles.org is down.

Nevertheless, I will estimate how much of my time would it take to develop opensubtitles compatible API...

dan1e1w

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 am

Any estimate on how long it will take to get the site up? It's been a few days now.

claromeco

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Same problem the last few days.

Return to “General talk”