Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ummagumma

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:13 pm

It's really awkward that, after almost a week after the site came down, that i just can't find any messages of the administrators about the problem. If they posted anything about the issue in the forum, i just can't find it anywhere.

I don't know if the problem occurs to everyone or just to some IP ranges (from outer countries). Perhaps the moderators could bring some light...
Last edited by ummagumma on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj8765

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Nevertheless, I will estimate how much of my time would it take to develop opensubtitles compatible API...
Better yet how much of your time would it take to develop sublight into a program that anyone would actually WANT to use?

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:25 pm

i just can't find any messages of the administrators about the problem. If they posted anything about the issue in the forum, i just can't find it anywhere. I think the admin were abducted.

I’ve been examined and probed by my alien abductees (I guess all us admin were). :)

As far as I’m aware, I think OS is on holiday and may not be aware of the problem - I tried to contact him and he may come here to give an explanation. Until then, sit tight guys.

Note: I found it hard to contact him since I’m on a new PC and all my contacts information hasn’t been transferred over yet, so lets hope he got my message.

ummagumma

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 pm

As far as I’m aware, I think OS is on holiday and may not be aware of the problem - I tried to contact him and he may come here to give an explanation. Until then, sit tight guys.
Oh, yes, this is really funny. Maybe you could contact directly the guy who can solve anything - the wizard of OS.

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Maybe you could contact directly the guy who can solve anything - the wizard of OS.

As I mentioned, I did try to contact him. But following the yellow brick road is proving a little difficult. I don’t have any contact information (new PC) besides an email address that I remember from the top of my head - which you get when you click on “contact” from the home page. I don’t think this address works unless you follow the link from “contact” since I got a delivery notification failure.

I tried sending it using a different account and haven’t received a failure notice as of yet, so I’m hoping it went through. Give me until tomorrow and if I get a reply I’ll post it here, or OS himself may post here upon realising what‘s happened.

farslegender

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for the help Scooby007.

I also tried to contact the "OS" and also got no answer.
If you get any response, I wish you informase by MP. Ok?

Sincerely,
FARS Legender
ॐ "If you ever felt fear, shame or pain, is because we never take risks." ॐ

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:40 pm

I also tried to contact the "OS" and also got no answer.
If you get any response, I wish you informase by MP. Ok?
Sorry for not replying to your PM earlier, it doesn’t seem to work from my end nor are you notified of any messages left. OS did say he would fix this in the upgrade of version 3.

I forgot to add in my earlier post, before OS went away, I briefly remember him mentioning that he may experience difficulty in connecting to the internet - hence, no appearance from him yet.

If any other admin has OS’s private email or ICQ/MSN to hand, please contact him and inform him of the current predicament. Thank you.

ShooCat

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Thank you for your time, scooby. :)

ummagumma

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:50 pm

As I mentioned, I did try to contact him. But following the yellow brick road is proving a little difficult.
Well, i received a confirmation from his niece Dorothy that he is indeed on vacation, at her grandmother's farm, somewhere in Kansas, thereby he's not able to reply to any messages except for postcards (make sure to provide stamps for reply).

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Well, i received a confirmation from his niece Dorothy that he is indeed on vacation, at her grandmother's farm, somewhere in Kansas, thereby he's not able to reply to any messages except for postcards (make sure to provide stamps for reply).
Nice allegory. :D

I have a good one: If the wicked witch were to cooperate to defuse the situation, instead of adding to the misery by sending her howler monkeys to cause mischief… maybe the message would get across through carrier pigeons a lot sooner (in this case, flying monkeys will have to suffice).

eduo

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 am

Exactly. And his other personal emails are not being answered, either. He's probably in a place without access, as last year.
http://eduo.info/
[url=http://eduo.info/soleol/]OpenSubtitles from your desktop: SolEol for Mac/Windows/Linux[/url]
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?showtopic=325&st=0&p=2480&#entry2480]My current episode processing work flow[/url].

farslegender

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:55 am

Also I got no response from the OS.
Surely he must be without internet access.

We can only hope for his return.... :?
ॐ "If you ever felt fear, shame or pain, is because we never take risks." ॐ

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi guys,

I got a reply from the big man. Here is his thread: viewtopic.php?t=2519

oss
Site Admin

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:27 am

I read all post guys. Thanks for support, and trying to solve issue.

To make things clear:

1. forum always run on different hosting, than opensubtitles (site, blog, trac...) does - so if forum is down, there must be something really weird going on

2. macofaco - why you are promoting your site again? I completely agree with Eduo thoughts. Just implement OS API, and I think this should be done also from other subtitle providers. It is far far from the best, but it was first on the "market"

3. site is back again, I hope it will be OK

4. I am in remote island right now, and I didn't check internet for few days - and shit happened, site was down. I have to manage somehow, so it wont happen anymore.

5. Everything bad is for something good.

thanks for support guys.

danger

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:18 am

Brano's email is a_d_m_i_n@o_p_e_n_s_u_b_t_i_t_l_e_s.o_r_g

It's not a secret, never was
but I'm afraid that this address is offline along with the server
when the main web site is down, it's merely a case for emails as those are handled by other servers in other locations...

Return to “General talk”