Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
asbesto

LOGIN PROBLEM from weeks!

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi, from weeks I can't login anymore using the version 2.0.9.3

I CAN'T update, because I can't upgrade my system to the requirements of the new version. :(

So, how can I fix this? There's nothing configurable at the Prefereces. I saw something about a new API xml-rpc stuff but I don't know where and how to fix this.

Can someone help please? :(

asbesto

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 pm

PING? Nobody here? :(

NetFantasy
Subtitles Admin

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Down new version 2.0.10 here:
https://launchpad.net/subdownloader
Or
Download new version 2.0.11 opensubdownloader free for windows here:
https://launchpad.net/opensubdownloader

or compile you version read this:
viewtopic.php?t=2448

ciao :wink:

asbesto

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 am

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: python-support (>= 0.90.0)

And I CAN'T upgrade my ubuntu (because if I upgrade, nothing will work anymore on my laptop, due to the damn Ubuntu policy on upgrading packages and broking stuff that was working)

8(

persana

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am

Somebody here? i'm log in on the site but the subdownloder don't want to log me, why?
error log in :( pls ansew me, what can i do to fix this?because i upload srt to you and i want to search the english srt easier :(

asbesto

Re: LOGIN PROBLEM from weeks!

Sat May 29, 2010 3:17 pm

they're obviously not interested in keeping old version compatibility. What a bad behaviour in software development! :( :evil:

capiscuas

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi,

SubDownloader has fixed the login problem on this version 2.0.10
you can download the installers from:

http://subdownloader.net/

Best Regards

Goffini

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:24 pm

From Sunday/Monday most of the times I can't log in, I filled in my name and password.
I get a popup, but after that nothing.
So it is difficult to upload a subtitle under my name or fill in changes by other accounts.
Only when I clean my cache(cookies) I can log in.

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

This is lame advice, but better than nothing: When you try to log-in, try clicking the “remember me” box and then the “login” button using your mouse. If this doesn’t work, instead of clicking “login” with your mouse, hit enter instead or vice-versa or leave the “remember me” button unchecked. That usually does it for me.

If you are still experiencing this problem, please contact OS directly as I think he’s going away again. I know he’s adding a “slave” and this was meant to be perfected before he went, but if he doesn’t know about it, he can’t fix it. In the meantime, follow the progress here: http://twitter.com/opensubtitles

firmian

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 am

hi there,

on mainpage the only way to login for me is to have the button "remember me" checked. but still it doesn't do so (i.e. remembering), though i allowed everytghing for the webside

and subdownloader doesn't login at all, so i have to upload my subtitles without hashing.

the program would be wonderful, if it worked with opensub ...

hope someone can fix it ...

regards

firmi

oss
Site Admin

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:10 pm

hi,

yeah, we got really bad problem with slave server, momentarily is down, and it seems site is working better without it. I think, there is some problem with networking stuff, so it behave really strange, and it was really hard to find out this issue. On other side, we want add more servers for API stuff, because technically, now www and api are really separated (runs on different boxes), so www should work faster, and API slower, but this should be changed in future. There are a lot nice uploads using API.

For logging-in malfunction - while tuning the performance I forget put some check in LogIn() function, so it throws back "false", but now it is fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I am still on holiday (and I will be till 26th august), but I got mobile internet, so I can check whats going on, and bed, I am working even here :)

praecept0r

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 am

Not sure what you consider fixed.

I get logged out all the time. Thanks for all the window popups that one has to endure going to the site. I find all this excessive in-your-throat advertising very unfortunate. A while back it used to be better, Also, now I had to redo my account, as the old one has been obviously purged.

Anyway, after a short time I get logged out, even though I do check "remember me". Why? So you can popup another window for a fraction of eurocent?

The whole thing is borderline ridiculous. I am truly sorry to say this, as it is still the best place to search for subtitles - yes, it's extraordinarily slow, amount of advertising is utterly ridiculous, the whole site is so overdone, it is barely functional. Unfortunately, this is still one of the best repositories, despite the tremendous amount of junk one has to endure while visiting.
As a simple user, I have very low hopes of seeing any improvement. Hey, as usability goes down and down, I hope you enjoy coding all this nonsense. But the logins are really messed up, so at the very least, you can try to take care of that.
Cheers.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:41 pm

It logs out only when the site remains untouched for awhile (safety reasons). In regards to the banners and advertisements… why don’t you use “ad block plus” (ABP) available with the firefox browser?

eduo

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:19 pm

It logs out only when the site remains untouched for awhile (safety reasons). In regards to the banners and advertisements… why don’t you use “ad block plus” (ABP) available with the firefox browser?
Also, if I may. The "LOGIN PROBLEM" from the original thread referred to API login changes and then to API login problems. It seems now it'll change again to WEB login problems :)
http://eduo.info/
[url=http://eduo.info/soleol/]OpenSubtitles from your desktop: SolEol for Mac/Windows/Linux[/url]
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?showtopic=325&st=0&p=2480&#entry2480]My current episode processing work flow[/url].

praecept0r

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:28 am

Now my login lasts exactly one page. It was holding for a bit a while back. now simply till the next page visit. eh well...

Solved by deleting cookies again. Now it looks like login lasts a little. Still, seriously, no need to put a timing on a login, imho.
I am logged into IMDB for a year, for example.

Return to “General talk”