Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
imrealgod

Can I request for subtitle (for a movie) already available?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:37 am

Hello,

I want to know as to whether I can make a request (not here, via the Request page at opensubtitles.org) for another subtitle for a particular movie even if it's subtitles already exist on opensubtitles.org.

I need English subtitles for the movie "El secreto de sus ojos". At present, there are 2 subs available at opensubtitles.org. However, since both of them are of very, very, very bad (if not worst) quality, can I make a request for another subs? Is it permissible? And will that be taken into consideration?

ixquic

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:10 am

Yes you can. I've done that before, when the existing subtitles were unusable. Those requests are not hidden, they just have a link to the existing subs in the right column.

You can explain the situation in the comment field of the request. You should also mark those subtitles as bad.

Return to “General talk”