Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
srtpal

Thumbnail

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:34 pm

In most of my subtitles it says, No Thumbnail Yet. I could easily provide a thumbnail for most of them, but I do not see any "upload thumbnail" option.

So, how do I provide the thumbnails, and what should be their dimensions (width/height in pixels)?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:23 am

thumbnaill is downloaded from imdb.com - let me know, if you see some movies without thumbnail and thumbnail is already in imdb.com - i can look on it and give you privilege "update imdb" option, when it will refresh...

uploading thumbnail is not possible

srtpal

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:57 pm

I see. Well, no, those movies do not have a thumbnail on imdb. I actually tried to upload one for one of those movies, and imdb asked me for my credit card number, so I did not do it.

suadnovic

Re: Thumbnail

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 am

Sam thing with movie
The Burning Dead (2015)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3369676/

No poster on IMDb, bat this one is quite fine

suluboltit

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Made english an Spanish srt for the movie Nagisa.Isogai.Lust.Of.Angels.2013.SUBBED.BDRip.x264-FiCO downloaded from popcornTime shorts category. The thumbnail isn't in imbd.com bout it is in googel images https://a.ltrbxd.com/resized/film-poste ... 3aa1f2b4ad.
Could you implement a way to upload from link or hd when it is not in imbd.com, ofcourse its not usefull in vlc becouse it doesent show your the thumb, and opensubplayer is a bit smart, but I supouse there are people that still find srts by web.

Greatings Me

necao2

Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello,

I uploaded subtitles to Gabriel's Inferno Part III in Spanish (LA), but no thumbnail is shown.

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... t-three-ea

Please check.

cheers,
necao2
Cheers,
necao2

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:54 am

I uploaded subtitles to Gabriel's Inferno Part III in Spanish (LA), but no thumbnail is shown.
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... t-three-ea
This is a different case: IMDb DOES have the movie poster, but OpenSubtitles does NOT.
Then it's a matter of patience (it takes some time for Opensubtitles to synchronize with IMDb).
OR an admin has to manually 'kick' the synchronization process.
OR there is a technical problem and Oss needs to fix this.

I have just manually 'kicked' it. It doesn't show yet, which means we still need some patience OR there is a problem.
Check back in one or two days or so and it should be okay. "Should"... :wink:
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:58 am

Btw, please do not double post the same issue.

I see now it's already been answered here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17381
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

necao2

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:35 pm

Thanks,

I will wait..

Sorry for doble post.
Cheers,
necao2

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:14 pm

There is never the need to delete and reupload for these reasons. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17381&p=44946#p44943
The site will sort it out itself, when it can. Reuploading and deleting doesn't help.
If you check it now, the thumbnail can be seen.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Return to “General talk”