Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
VikramJS

why did my subs get deleted?

Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:47 pm

hi, i have a question, i uploaded 2 subtitles today:

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... 8/malum-en

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... 9/malum-en

but they have been deleted and there is a message saying "Thanks for trying", now i see that my subtitles have been upload by an admin, why is that?

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... 2/malum-en

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... 4/malum-en

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Re: why did my subs get deleted?

Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:34 pm

Hi dear Vikramjs
In the past from other admins request we have learned that the user should first go directly to the admin first to resolve things, then create forum topics when not able to come to resolutions.(According rules of the site)
anyway no proplem dear vikram :)
Well, we think there was misunderstanding.
You're free to upload your subs with your ID by logging in.
If your sub needs any correction or improvements Admins are allowed to make appropriate changes (replace or delete or any correction that they feel are needed as version 2,etc).

Good luck! and Best wishes :)

VikramJS

Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:45 pm

hi M_I_S, thanks for responding, this admin Scooby74 seems to claim ownership of my subs here so i started uploading here as well, if i understand correctly all subtitles can be edited in place instead of being uploaded again by someone else so i don't really understand why my subs were deleted instead of being updated, plus the admin in question totally ignored my objection to his actions and still claims ownership of the subtitles i upload, hopefully this can be revisited :)

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:43 pm

Sorry for late
I think we should forget past and Master Scooby is very nice person and professional .
this admin Scooby74 seems to claim ownership of my subs
I strongly reject this think.I assure you Dear Master Scooby74 is lovely person :)
But we always doing this about popular series or movies, This sensitivity is for members and downloadersa and the web site.
if i understand correctly all subtitles can be edited in place instead of being uploaded again by someone else so i don't really understand why my subs were deleted instead of being updated
yes exactly and good sub important for us,first we don't know you good :lol: and for example as We see more of your sub are raw or isn't cleaned or incloud unnesecery aligments or unsync or even a littel different with digital releases.
and we have to check and correct them.
so you should right to us for this changing or managment.
I think you should creat Good sub before upload them unless you tell us for correction and other stuff till we help you. :D :)
I hope I have conveyed my meaning well :)
BTW,for any question or anything you can pm directly or pm to dear Master Scooby or Me. :)
GL Dear Vikram

VikramJS

Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:49 am

thanks again for responding M_I_S, apparently he has decided to change course and not do that again which is great, i am definitely not as experienced at this as you guys are about corrections, but i will try to learn about them more and more, do you have a tutorial that talks about the best practices of subtitles and how to make these changes? i will appreciate it, by the way i don't have a problem if anyone wants to upload an update to my subs if the update will make them better :)

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:57 am

Sorry for late :)
As I said you before, there was misunderstanding!
but i will try to learn about them more and more, do you have a tutorial that talks about the best practices of subtitles and how to make these changes? [ /quote]

seriously?!!please dont pulmy leg...
! :lol:
We Know You know what's what my friend :D :lol:
by the way i don't have a problem if anyone wants to upload an update to my subs if the update will make them better :)
Ok.Great.
I assure you we will have deleted and replace and whatever they need .... :lol:
Oh BTW,for any correction use the sub edit app :D

VikramJS

Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:58 pm

Sorry for late :)
As I said you before, there was misunderstanding!
but i will try to learn about them more and more, do you have a tutorial that talks about the best practices of subtitles and how to make these changes?
seriously?!!please dont pulmy leg...
! :lol:
We Know You know what's what my friend :D :lol:
by the way i don't have a problem if anyone wants to upload an update to my subs if the update will make them better :)
Ok.Great.
I assure you we will have deleted and replace and whatever they need .... :lol:
Oh BTW,for any correction use the sub edit app :D

oh, i get it, a lot of people still think i'm ES, he's a good friend of mine but he decided to completely move on, it's not easy to convince people of these things on the internet so i won't do it either, if anyone wants to believe it let them believe it. on another note, i am using subtitle edit for some very general stuff like shifting and frame rate conversion, but that whole fix common errors section is still quite confusing, i need to search for some tutorials to get acquainted with it :)

pipporan
Subtitles Admin

Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:59 am

but i will try to learn about them more and more, do you have a tutorial that talks about the best practices of subtitles and how to make these changes?
Smallbrother (admin) has written some posts, around the forum,,explaining how to do basic and intermediate stuff: he's very very good at explaining...
for example:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16643&p=48620#p48618
or here
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16832&p=42003#p42003

and, if you (or I, too) could understand dutch language, i guess there are very good tutorials here, in the announcements section (you can try with google translator to read the pages):
viewforum.php?f=38

about the kind of thing you asked, it's exactlywhat i want to do in the next future: some topics to explain basic stuff, for both downloaders and uploaders...but they will be in italian:D
it seems easy, to to 3 clicks, and upload a sub...but in fact, if you take some more time on it, paying attention to: filename of the sub, spelling/grammar auto-correction, timings and durations auto-corrections, CPS ratio (Character Per Second), and so on...
these are the things that do a big difference...

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:39 pm

Tnx dear piporan for find and suggest this nice topic
and thanks to Dear SB for creating that.

VikramJS

Mon May 01, 2023 12:05 am

Smallbrother (admin) has written some posts, around the forum,,explaining how to do basic and intermediate stuff: he's very very good at explaining...
for example:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16643&p=48620#p48618
or here
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16832&p=42003#p42003

and, if you (or I, too) could understand dutch language, i guess there are very good tutorials here, in the announcements section (you can try with google translator to read the pages):
viewforum.php?f=38

about the kind of thing you asked, it's exactlywhat i want to do in the next future: some topics to explain basic stuff, for both downloaders and uploaders...but they will be in italian:D
it seems easy, to to 3 clicks, and upload a sub...but in fact, if you take some more time on it, paying attention to: filename of the sub, spelling/grammar auto-correction, timings and durations auto-corrections, CPS ratio (Character Per Second), and so on...
these are the things that do a big difference...
thanks for the links, pipporan, i will look into these :)

Return to “General talk”