Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Entotre

Subtitles no longer load

Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:48 pm

Hello all.

A problem has occurred regarding loading of subtitles when using, for example, Bee TV and Nova TV. Subs can no longer be downloaded from opensubtitles.org, either automatically, or manually by searching movie or series name. If there are subs available from subscene I CAN download from there.

There was a problem a year or two ago regarding opensubtitle.org being blocked here in Denmark, but I can't find any information out there that this is that problem recurring.

So I wonder if some kind person knows what the problem might be and if it can be fixed?

Looking forward to reading some theories! :)

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles no longer load

Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm

Hi,

Can't really say for certain. Unless your software update and caused the issue. Normally, where able, clearing the cache and logging in again solves the problem. I was aware of the Denmark block, workaround would also be to change your server location if you're using a VPN and see if that also works. Don't use Bee TV and Nova TV, so sorry if I can't be more helpful. Good-luck.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Entotre

Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:27 am

Hello scooby007. Thank you for your reply and your good wishes.

I am here hanging my head in shame and embarrassment. But.... if what I am about to write helps even one person in the future then it will make me feel better. I hope!

As I wrote.... suddenly I couldn't get subtitles in any apps I used. If I had applied my creaking brain cell - note the singular there - I might possibly have taken into consideration the fact that the household recently acquired a new router....... and ....... if I had thought of the basics and logged in to opensubtitles.org, I wouldn't have caused myself days of angst.

Remember the basics, folks! Plug your devices in and they'll work! Log into opensubtitles.org and you'll get your subtitles!

I'm off to sit in a corner facing the walls. :/

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Normally users don't come back and advise what worked for them and this doesn't help other people.
I know some people that beat around the bush over 20 emails back/forth before they can admit they were wrong (mentioning no names). :wink:
Considering the fact that you did come back, even after feeling embarrassment, I think everyone can agree that says a lot about your character.
And a fine character it is, sir. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes in life we find that the right solutions are the simplest solutions.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

os_dev

Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:16 pm

Remember the basics, folks! Plug your devices in and they'll work! Log into opensubtitles.org and you'll get your subtitles!

I'm off to sit in a corner facing the walls. :/
I'm trying to help a user who seems to have this issue.... might sound obvious, but..how do you log into opensubtitles,org from beetv ?

(so definitely don't ever go facing walls for asking questions, they can always get usegful ;) )

oss
Site Admin

Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:10 am

if you are from Denmark, it can be issue, use VPN...

os_dev

Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:43 am

the user I'm trying to help can get the subtitles, and download them

what he can't do is pass the 20 download per day limit, and input his username and password to use his VIP account

if don't know how Beetv is structured, I can't find userguides or screenshots, so hoping someone who's using beetv can explain how it's done

Return to “General talk”