Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
tom1807

Problem with Subtitles Uploads

Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:16 pm

Uploaded previously already subtitles to OS.org, had some contact with Mr. Tinkles (email and on my account page), and so far everything worked out.
Until today.
It's about "Married with children Season 2" (https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... 0#season-2).
I adjusted the existing subtitles, I downloaded, from 29.970fps to 25fps for English, selected the correct TT ID, selected the correct 25fps and tried to upload them.
Every single time I get the error message: we have that subtitle already. Kinda correct, the subtitles are there, but not with 25fps.
Same happened to Season 3 from the website no way. For every subtitle of Season 2 and 3 uploaded by website, above error message.
I was able to upload some of Season 3 with the Opensubtitles Uploader but Season 2 didn't work out with OpenSubtitle Uploader.
I compared then to Opensubtitles.com, here my subtitles for Season 3 show up, but not on Opensubtitles.org.
Season 2, nothing for both.
Kinda lost now, so if anyone could give me a hint whether the problem is 60cm in front of the computer screen :P or whether this is a problem with the website, I would understand it more.
Background info:
Windows 11, FF 107.1 (Adblocker off), Subtitles adjusted with Subtitle Edit v3.10

Cheers
Tom

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Re: Problem with Subtitles Uploads

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:06 am

Howdy Tom,

Saw your Married with Children Season 3 subtitles earlier today during review, am checking and it appears that all HI subs for S3 uploaded fine with the exception of two missing episodes 11 and 20. Just ran a quick test now for Season 2 (E21 and 22) with some dummy FPS changes from several of my previous uploads. All appears fine when uploading, for reference am using the native OS uploader.

Give it a try again, and see if you are still having any issues when uploading. If problems still persist, send me the files and will give it a go from this end and see if I can find any issue.

Regards….mrtinkles

tom1807

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:43 am

Sorry for coming back so late.
I tried with OpenSubtitles Uploader v2.7 and still tells me already available.
I packed them all, downloadlink is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnjLJ69IXV_Ng8EugQs ... Q?e=Uhc14O

Maybe you have more luck ;)

Cheers
Tom

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:56 pm

Howdy Tom,

Ran through the files that you linked and were experiencing issues uploading. Default error config indicated identical files, linking to previous files I uploaded from 29.97 FPS rips awhile back, although the naming convention was not quite the same.

Ran all files in parallel with ExamDiff for comparison. All files with the exception of Episode 20 (episode ID issue with my original upload - I will correct) showed as identical files, which by default will kick back any upload as a duplicate entry.

For reference, link to ExamDiff. https://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp

Just a guess on my part, but it looks like the files that you are uploading and getting rejected, are the original source files that have been renamed to the -25FPS designation. Somehow, either the original files didn’t get converted and resynced to 25 FPS video source, or possibly just a file-naming error (swap) after conversion. Check again at your end and confirm that files you are attempting to upload have been updated and have new time syncs, correct file names for 25 FPS designation, and then retry uploads. Should work, if not, let me know and will go to Plan B.

Thanks again for all of you hard work……regards, mrtinkles

tom1807

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:34 pm

Ok, now I got confused also and downloaded the set again and compared with the ones I wanted to upload.and it's clearing up.
You are right, they are identical, episode S02E20 is a tiny bit different by a few milliseconds.Made a comparison with "Beyond Compare"
I renamed them that they are aligned with the DVDRip I have, so MPC-HC without going through the menu to select them and loads them with the episode so I can control whether the subtitles match.
However, the ones I downloaded are labeled as 29.97fps (ending with ....DVDRip.HI.cc.en.SNY) but should be listed as 25fps.
I probably got confused, because some of Season 3 had to be adjusted to 25fps.
Sorry, was not my intention to get these recognized as "my ones".

Cheers
Tom

Return to “General talk”