Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
fabe1180

how to embed srt and avi in 1 file ?

Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:12 pm

hello
i have a simple question
so I have 2 files the movie avi, mpeg... and the srt subtitle file
if I want to watch on smart tv, do I have to embed the subtitles in the films to make only one subtitle? if so can someone advise me a software to embed the subtitles without the video file?
Thanks in advance

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: how to embed srt and avi in 1 file ?

Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:20 pm

hello
i have a simple question
so I have 2 files the movie avi, mpeg... and the srt subtitle file
if I want to watch on smart tv, do I have to embed the subtitles in the films to make only one subtitle? if so can someone advise me a software to embed the subtitles without the video file?
Thanks in advance
If you want to watch in smart tv, you don't have to embed the subtitles in the film.
Movie and subtitle file must have the same name.
Rename the srt file matching your video file.

fabe1180

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:47 am

sorry but i dont understand which player i can use fir that ? that i can find in apple store ? how it works ?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 am

Not really EVERY videoplayer supports this method to display subtitles. But any a little bit modern and a little bit decent video player will.
I would advice VLC Player. It's free, open source and excellent. And (I think) it supports any platform, including your smart tv.
See https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Btw, please do not post the same question multiple times in multiple parts of the forum.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

fabe1180

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:31 am

ok thanks for your reply and sorry for the multiple post, i have 2 other questions maybe you can help ?
1rst my subtitles are in hebrew will it works with smart tv
2nd i have subtitles in english and would like to convert in hebrew is it possible is there a software able for that with normal translation ?
thanks

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:51 am

i have 2 other questions maybe you can help ?
Please, do not use one topic for multiple (unrelated) questions. If you have more/other questions, please start a new topic. This will keep things clear and findable for others and in the future.

But okay...
my subtitles are in hebrew will it works with smart tv
Probably yes, but not 100% guaranteed. Depends on your tv and the encoding of the subtitles.
But... try it out?
i have subtitles in english and would like to convert in hebrew is it possible is there a software able for that with normal translation ?
Translating subtitles into another language can only be done by humans and this is a difficult and very time consuming task. That is, if you want something a bit decent.
Of course you can use translating software, but for multiple reasons this is pretty much guaranteed to fail, especially if the source is English. This is NOT recommended if you want to enjoy your movie a little bit.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”