Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
joker999

Sun May 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Hope so :) Because i want subtitle for what i want so bad, I download it and didnt come with subtitle :( (i thought Mkv must have subtitle, right?)

calixto26

searching for how to use opensubtitles

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to use Opensubtitles for watching films in english and with subtitles in french or english.
Somebody can explain to me very clearly the ways to follow after dowloading Opensubtitles.

Thanks a lot

arcchancellor

Re: !!! SUBTITLES REQUEST - READ FIRST !!!

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:17 am

Look at this. ;-)
"I don't believe in God. I just believe in Billy Wilder" - Fernando Trueba

watermo

Re: Request section?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 am

First of all I'm not requesting any sub through my post.Thanx for all the great subs.I was looking everywhere for some of them, but nothing had turned up so far.I also have a question.Is the 'request' section really a section for requests?The reason I'm saying that is because i have been submitting my request : Greek subs for the movie:Born On The Fourth Of July on 2 cds (DvdRip), but nothing happened.I suppose there isn't a greek translator.If that is true maybe you shouldn't included greek or any other sub language that there isn't a possibility that a sub could be made from the scratch in that language.Do you get what I'm meaning?Maybe you could crarify to the member how this request area works.Thanx
yes, I was looking everywhere for some of them .

alfredg7

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi

How can request subtitles in any language for Educational movies:
Example: videotutorials
http://store.lullabot.com/products/the- ... ing-bundle
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5263405 ... l_Packages
It isn't have IMDB ID

Alfredo

mitbrille

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm

hi,

do you know where I can find swedish page to ask them to create an English subtitle?

thanks

cmpear74

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks for show me where to post the request page. I tried to post a request for Due South 1994 Season 2 english subtitles. I have all of them except for season 2. only problem is It don't work when I enter submit and it does nothing. Can anyone show me how to get it work?? I bought my favorite tv show dvds and it don't have caption and subtitles. I also have other movies that don't have subtitles and I need to add to the request post.

Thanks

Biovade

Re: SUBTITLE REQUEST - READ FIRST!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi guys.

Anyone know any freelancers available for ongoing captioning work ? We are working with several US studios and require files completed in Cheetah .cap format.

Any one interested please email - [email protected]

carversin

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:15 am

You can only make request for subtitles of movies and TV series, what about YouTube videos or videos from other websites like break.com, etc.?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:30 am

You can request subtitles for any kind of video. If the movie or serie is not present in IMDb, you can add a movie in the internal database of opensubtitles.org. Please, ONLY do this after you checkd IMDb and it does not exist. Obviously, describe the video as clear as possible.

The same for releases, the more clear, the better. An exact release name is most clear, but not necessary. But file size is fine too (preferably in bytes, not in GB) or any other info to make clear what you are talking about. Or just leave it open. In the worst case you will have to resynch, which is often done in a couple of minutes versus a couple of days for a translation or subtitle from scratch.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

kerremelk

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:30 am

You can request subtitles for any kind of video. If the movie or serie is not present in IMDb, you can add a movie in the internal database of opensubtitles.org. Please, ONLY do this after you checkd IMDb and it does not exist. Obviously, describe the video as clear as possible.

The same for releases, the more clear, the better. An exact release name is most clear, but not necessary. But file size is fine too (preferably in bytes, not in GB) or any other info to make clear what you are talking about. Or just leave it open. In the worst case you will have to resynch, which is often done in a couple of minutes versus a couple of days for a translation or subtitle from scratch.
Good morning.

Yesterday i came across a science fiction movie I have in two version from unnamed downloads.
(I still do computer repairs, it came from a discarded computer drive... some people do not wipe.)
Anyhow, one original german spoken had hard-burned ingles, and an other was dubbed English, and an srt I found here was ever so slightly off cue for either that inglez or german.
I could not match byte to any on easily found torrent, but I could easily resynch sound to txt after you told me how to show wave-form as a help for proper sound/txt match.
(it really helps.)

In that file I used, I got some spanish spoken parts still left untranslated, because I think that was left in there for a reason.
BUT..
Yo no habla espanol,
por que ese la still there..
para mi?
(something entirely different was said.. I understood a few parts only.)

I thought this part should have been translated, but wondered why it weren't.

so now, if I wanted help on those lines , whom do i adress?
And HOW?
kind regards, Jt.

kerremelk

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 am

not really on the literal translation, I think one can drop 12 lines in babylonic space and get a few reasonable twerks outta there.

I mean on the meant meaning, and why it was left untranslated.

Nice movie.

Oh, I got dropped a curve ball. My bad.
The german/inglish resynch and redo i did was cargo.

the one widda spanish untranslated was MOON. (only cue shift, and error checks, which is how it showed it had untranslated spanish).
Anyhow, dat spaans zal wel een plaats hebben.

From same weggeworpen groot-huisvuil-PC met welgeteld 1 echt kapot onderdeel.

de vraag blijft, voor hulp in vertaling, hoe vraag ik dat?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:16 pm

so now, if I wanted help on those lines , whom do i adress?
And HOW?
I understand the problem. You only need help on SOME phrases in another language than the rest of the subtitle. It is not a subtitle request (i.e. requesting a translation of the entire movie) so it surely doesn't fit in the request section. I had a similar situation with some Japanese text in a further English spoken movie. Some ideas how to solve it:

Find subs in a language you do understand. Maybe you can find English subs with those Spanish lines translated into English. Or subs in any other language which you speak a bit (maybe German, French, whatever) and use those. Especially if you find subs in a few languages with those lines translated, you might be able to determine the meaning, even if you don't speak those languages. I mean with the combination of some knowledge of for example German and (excuse me) Google's knowledge of Spanish, the context of the movie, etc., it might be enough. This is how I solved my Japanese problem.

Another 'solution' is upload the subs (including the untranslated lines of Spanish), and add a comment about it, asking for help.

As for his forum, subtitle requests don't belong here, the forum would be flooded and turn into an unusable mess in no-time.
But for my personal opinion, I would say this kind of situation is different and exceptional and will not flood the forum, so I think it is okay to post a topic on this forum with those few lines of Spanish.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

sesest

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Hello. I need subtitles that are not on this site: opensubtitles.org, can you help me? How to do it? That's the price,
I need this language TR, AR and RO.
thx.
please Help Me!!!

shujibhuji

Fri May 29, 2015 12:46 am

I am a newbie on this forum. I just joined it to know some basics on request page at OpenSubtitles. I am loving your work. The site is well maintained and its an 85% hit success for finding subtitles for movies present online but still when we stuck to something we really want to watch with subtitles and then cannot find one is a real killer and tormenting. For now I hav ejust requested three and they are still pending the last one I requested was 24 hours back dated May 27, 2015 and the first one was 10 days prior to the mentioned date. I want to know how lengthy can this process get? How long would I have to wait for certain subtitles (English)? Thanks

Return to “General talk”