Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Worst

SUBTITLE REQUEST - READ FIRST!

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Hi, maybe you noticed, that there are a lot of locked topics in this forum. The reason is simple: Some users use this forum as request page.

This forum is not here for requesting subtitles. Please, use the Request page for this purpose.

Do you want this forum to be chaotic mess where you can't find what you're looking for??? I don't and I hope you too. :wink:

Thanks for attention

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm

I just re-enabled request section after some month of unusability. All old requests remains...read more in blog. I hope you like it. If not, write here what you miss.

I will also LOCK all request topics, please use request section for that.

trikkk

Request section?

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:50 am

First of all I'm not requesting any sub through my post.Thanx for all the great subs.I was looking everywhere for some of them, but nothing had turned up so far.I also have a question.Is the 'request' section really a section for requests?The reason I'm saying that is because i have been submitting my request : Greek subs for the movie:Born On The Fourth Of July on 2 cds (DvdRip), but nothing happened.I suppose there isn't a greek translator.If that is true maybe you shouldn't included greek or any other sub language that there isn't a possibility that a sub could be made from the scratch in that language.Do you get what I'm meaning?Maybe you could crarify to the member how this request area works.Thanx

ixquic

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:03 pm

It's a community site. opensubtitles doesn't run translator sweatshops in Greece or anywhere. :roll:

shrynakesavan

common

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:03 am

hey this ain't fair.... i requested the english subtitle for the Italian movie Notte Prima Degli esami - oggi 2007.... there is an Italian subtitle for the same movie but not an English one... its been more than 2 months on the request page.... the only way i can reach more people with my request is the forums....if ts not allowed there... then my predicament will never be over ...please consider....
i juss saw a post requesting few subtitles all i wanna request is one... please consider this as an asking of permission... i beg u ....

oss
Site Admin

Re: common

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:10 pm

the only way i can reach more people with my request is the forums....
this is not true. The way, how you can "promote" your request is - the more people will request this subtitle, the bettter place on request page it will have.

It is really not good idea put requests subtitles here, believe me.

ixquic

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:21 pm

I think all request topics should be moved to the "Junk" section without warning. They're just spam.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 am

I am trying to be nice to new users...but you have right, if they don't know read, their request belongs to junk...I will do that from next year :)

manselina

hi

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 am

hi to everyone. I requested for a subtitle but i dont know how ı could know if the subtıtle is translated. does the site warn me from me email or not?
thank you for your answers from now:)

Sunshine39

How to sync the subtitles with the avi movie.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Thank you for the subtitle I have downloaded from your site. I am wondering how to sync the subtitle with the movie. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks

enes2k4

It's pathetic....

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am

...not to provide a separate section in the forums for special requests, for rare titles etc.

Sure, it would get jammed in a while, but that's why you hire a moderator for that job - to merge, synch and delete similar topics.

The request page is just a huge pile of mostly unanswered threads :!:

Amay_MYS

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi Guys,
Im a new member in here. Hopefully we can co-operate as a great team. Thanks,

AmaY_MYS

mork666

Re: How to sync the subtitles with the avi movie.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Thank you for the subtitle I have downloaded from your site. I am wondering how to sync the subtitle with the movie. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks
----------------------------------------------------
Well my friend if you use BS Player pro you should press "control"(ctrl)and the directional keys left or right at the same time ,this would solve your problem...

Solek69

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm

When someone upload for me subtittles i will get any message or something ??

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 pm

yes, it is programmed, but I am not sure, if it works. I have to try it.

Return to “General talk”