Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
DBZ

Re: SUBTITLE REQUEST - READ FIRST!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:08 pm

only be made by looking at the given release name, provided that you know which one is an original Japanese and which one is a dubbed English version..
This is the problem: when requesting, the box with "IMDB ID" automatically chooses the title of the original movie audio.
Again, the English version titled "Dragon Ball the battle of Gods" ends up as "Dragon Ball Z: Doragon boru Z - Kami to Kami (2013)".

isn't a thread in the forum where I can post this issue for subtitles creators to read it? Non native speakers would be so interested in having the verbatim scripts of such DB movies , and after 20-25 years of their release, it's about time.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Still I see no reason why someone would want specifically 1. an English dubbed version AND 2. exact verbatim subtitles of that English text.
But that's an other story.
only be made by looking at the given release name, provided that you know which one is an original Japanese and which one is a dubbed English version..
This is the problem: when requesting, the box with "IMDB ID" automatically chooses the title of the original movie audio.
Again, the English version titled "Dragon Ball the battle of Gods" ends up as "Dragon Ball Z: Doragon boru Z - Kami to Kami (2013)".
Here is a misunderstanding: the title being in English or in Japanese is NOT an indication of the movie being in original Japanese or in dubbed English. It is just a way of indicating the movie. It's about the title of the movie.

Release name is something else. This is the name given by the scene and indicates the actual video file. For example (I make this up on the spot, they are not real, just to illustrate my example) these releases could all be video files with Japanese as spoken language:
Dragon.Ball.the.battle.of.Gods.2013.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG
Dragon.Ball.the.battle.of.Gods.2013.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-FGT
Doragon.boru.Z.Kami.to.Kami.2013.BRRip.XviD.AC3-XVID

If the release is a dubbed version, often some indicator is added in the release name. So these could be English dubbed versions:
Dragon.Ball.the.battle.of.Gods.2013.English.720p.WebRip.DD5.1.H264-YIFY
Dragon.Ball.the.battle.of.Gods.Doragon.boru.Z.Kami.to.Kami.2013.Audio-ENG.DVDRip.XviD-T4P3
Doragon.boru.Z.Kami.to.Kami.2013.10bit.BluRay.6CH.[Eng].x265.HEVC-PSA

See what I mean?
1. You make a request for some movie. The IMDb ID identifies the movie, the displayed title is in English or in Japanese, but that doesn't matter.
2. You choose the language you want.
3. You state the release name you want the subtitles for.

So:
Since the release is English spoken and the wanted subtitle is English, they should be verbatim.
But since the original movie is Japanese, an small additional explanation would be better.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

DBZ

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:43 pm

If the release is a dubbed version, often some indicator is added in the release name. So these could be English dubbed versions:
Dragon.Ball.the.battle.of.Gods.2013.English.720p.WebRip.DD5.1.H264-YIFY
Dragon.Ball.the.battle.of.Gods.Doragon.boru.Z.Kami.to.Kami.2013.Audio-ENG.DVDRip.XviD-T4P3
Doragon.boru.Z.Kami.to.Kami.2013.10bit.BluRay.6CH.[Eng].x265.HEVC-PSA
Do you know if DVDs info. specifies whether they contain English subs for the English dubbed version? If so, they could just be extracted.
Funimation's streaming service does have subtitles for the movies, yet it's not available in my country.

Otherwise, where can I post to encourage subs creators to transcribe through this series?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Do you know if DVDs info. specifies whether they contain English subs for the English dubbed version? If so, they could just be extracted.
Funimation's streaming service does have subtitles for the movies, yet it's not available in my country.
DVD's etc. often mention the audio languages and the subtitles on the outside of the box. Not always, though.
Otherwise, where can I post to encourage subs creators to transcribe through this series?
Specifically for this title? Sorry, only in the request section, not on this forum. Besides, you already kind of did it anyway ;-)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

DBZ

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:52 am

I want to introduce my little son to DB from the beginning, such as the first four movies.
Since the release is English spoken and the wanted subtitle is English, they should be verbatim.
But since the original movie is Japanese, an small additional explanation would be better.
That's why I suggest introducing such specification, namely English dubtitles vs. translation subtitles, which would improve greatly the user experience as well as completing subs once uploaders notice the confusion.

DBZ

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I've found the whole script of the movie I want subs for. How can I request it?
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/saiyansf ... ripts.html

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 pm

I've found the whole script of the movie I want subs for. How can I request it?
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/saiyansf ... ripts.html
The same like anything else:
- State the movie title
- State the language
- Add some description about what you really want.

But... seeing the fact that you have found the verbatim script... that you REALLY like to have the subs... that a request might take forever... you might be able to do it yourself.

DatDudeCee

QUESTION: What's the MOST REQUESTED Language on Opensubs???

Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:10 pm

QUESTION: What LANGUAGE or LANGUAGES are the MOST REQUESTED Languages on Opensubs. I'm looking for the the One, or Few (maybe a LIST of) Languages that get Requested the most. And perhaps the Languages who's Requests that don't get fulfilled as often...if its a different language that the Most Requested. Thanks in Advance.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: QUESTION: What's the MOST REQUESTED Language on Opensubs???

Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:37 am

QUESTION: What LANGUAGE or LANGUAGES are the MOST REQUESTED Languages on Opensubs. I'm looking for the the One, or Few (maybe a LIST of) Languages that get Requested the most. And perhaps the Languages who's Requests that don't get fulfilled as often...if its a different language that the Most Requested. Thanks in Advance.
Please read my reply to your post in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1969&p=47234#p47231

noobuser

Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:58 pm

I have a curiosity. This is NOT a request.

There is a series called The Nevers https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8697870/

It is a 12 part series, but very strange release. First 6 were April-may 2021. yes 2021. last 6 dropped on TUBI ?!? 14Feb2023. Yes 2 years later.
HBO wanted to really fuck Joss Whedon i guess.

All of the drops of ep 7-12 are shit, even by groups I respect. Embedded commercials, crap encoding, ep cut short. I am dissapoint.

Given that bullshit, will you even bother to make subs for them?

Currently we/you have 1.7 only, and it is crap. I spent an hour redoing it, but what I got is not great. Not my baliwick.

So, three questions:
1) What do the sub guys even do when there is no decent source?
2) How edit/create? I found veed.io, but would like suggestions.
3) Thoughts? This is to catch the things I did not think to ask about.

urkexia

Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:26 pm

"If you miss The Nevers this week, you’ll have another chance to stream it on Tubi from March 1 to March 3." Set a reminder.

Return to “General talk”