Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
MihovilBiro

What's going on with Featured subtitles?

Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:24 pm

Hello.

I don't know how to explain this. It's weird. Sometimes when I send subtitles here, I see it in Featured subtitles, but I don't believe that someone would put it there so quickly. I dont know, maybe. This only happens if the subtitle name is the same. Then, sometimes when I come on the site, it is there for a while and again it seems that someone removes it from there and this happens several times a day. I don't know if it's my PC's fault or yours(server or something) or someone is playing with it. This happened with several subtitles. Today again with Black Adam. I've seen this happen with someone else's subtitle, but only once. At first I thought someone was playing with it, but when I think about it, maybe it's not like that. Who would sit and play like that all day? It's weird. I know, it sounds a little crazy. I don't know if it happens to others. Maybe the problem is on my end. If it is, I'll just ignore it. Sorry for bothering you with this.

Regards.
Last edited by SmallBrother on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject to better reflect the topic

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: What's going on with Featured subtitles?

Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:18 pm

Subtitles can be set to 'featured' by an admin. This is done manually. Then, in search result lists they will appear with a yellow background color. Also, they will appear on the front page under section "Featured subtitles" and stay there until other featured subtitles push them lower and eventually push them out (there is only space for five subs).

If no subtitles are set to featured for a month, or no subtitles at all are actively set to featured, then the OpenSubtitles system generates a list automatically, according to some algorithm (recent popular movies, many downloads, etc.). These subtitles will appear on the front page under section "Featured subtitles", but in fact they are not really featured: in search results lists the background color is normal, not yellow. And since this is done automatically by the system, this listing can change quite rapidly.

I think this explains your mystery.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

MihovilBiro

Re: What's going on with Featured subtitles?

Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:37 pm

Thank you very much. I didnt know what is happening. For a moment it is there, then later, its moved, but OK, now i know. And i didnt know who to ask about this so i asked you. Thanx for fast reply and your time. I will ask in the forum if i have any problems later on. Honestly, I didn't even remember the forum, which is a bit funny because you have to log in and you can see forum. It's literally there.

Regards.

Return to “General talk”