Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
davelee7677

Opensubtitles.org/.com in Kodi 20

Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:27 pm

Running Kodi 20 on Amazon Firestick 4k Max. Since update from 19.4 to 20, my opensubtitles.org or .com are not working. Logged in correctly. It appears the files are selected and downloaded correctly. Files properly named but do not appear on screen when watching movie. They have worked on 19.4 without incident.
I have tried path from both download and browse. Neither option seems to work. Has anyone experienced this? I am a novice at best so I don't understand a lot of the technical jargon so please talk to me like I'm dumb. Thanks.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Opensubtitles.org/.com in Kodi 20

Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Running Kodi 20 on Amazon Firestick 4k Max. Since update from 19.4 to 20, my opensubtitles.org or .com are not working. Logged in correctly. It appears the files are selected and downloaded correctly. Files properly named but do not appear on screen when watching movie. They have worked on 19.4 without incident.
I have tried path from both download and browse. Neither option seems to work. Has anyone experienced this? I am a novice at best so I don't understand a lot of the technical jargon so please talk to me like I'm dumb. Thanks.
A few weeks ago there was a user with the same problem, but in version 19.
And he said to solve the problem, had to connect opensubtitles.org with opensubtitles.com.
You can try that.

If you already have the new add-on, you have to *import* from opensubtitles.org to opensubtitles.com account.

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17949#p47990

lelobc937

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 am

According their site everything is still in beta. The api will still change so I think it is too soon to adapt the addon or make a new one for it.

os_dev

Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Seems kodi 20 is still the beta version, I don't have a firestick to try out, but both plugins work fine on the desktop version with kodi 19 and 20.

Did you try to clear the Kodi cache ?
For this method, you won't use Kodi itself to clear its own cache. Instead, you'll rely on Fire OS' Settings, which means that this method works with any version of Kodi.

Activate your Fire TV Stick. Make sure that you're on its home page.
Navigate to 'Settings.' Then, scroll until you see 'Applications.'
A new screen will now appear. You need to pick 'Manage Installed Applications.'
Your locally installed Fire OS apps will now appear. Find 'Kodi' and select its name.
And lastly, go ahead with 'Clear Cache.' Confirm your decision. That's it!
About our "beta" status, we still display the site as such, as the uploads and other crucial features are still under construction, and will be released with the upgraded layout.

The API on the other hand is production ready

davelee7677

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Thank you everyone for your response. I did do a merge with .com and .org. that didn't seem to work. The best solution right now, I found, was to clear kodi cache and go back in. Was just hoping to avoid that but if that is the worst issue I have, I'm pleased overall. Thanks again and if you celebrate, please enjoy Thanksgiving.

nguyenhd

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:50 pm

I found out with Kodi19.5. If you added .org it does not work but if you add .com with your username and pw create on this web site it will work with .com. good luck too all.

GALSI_DETOR

Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:49 am

after last update of Kodi on my TVbox Tanix TX6, many of the videos I play with subtitles enabled, are stuttering or going out of sync, skipping frames; all the media are locally stored on external HD connected via USB 3..0, and worked perfectly on Kodi 19.
Any guess or tips?

Return to “General talk”