Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
suadnovic

Encoding

Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm

I work under Win 8. When I convert the subtitle from Cyrillic to Latin, it is in UTF-8, and I need ANSI. When I try to convert in Notepad or Notepad ++ the letters ć and č are not correct, I have c. I didn't have that problem on XP, but I don't remember what I was doing. How do I solve this?

urkexia

Re: Encoding

Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:26 am

You asked the same question in 2016.
viewtopic.php?t=15560

It was answered already.
I don't understand why somebody still needs pre-Unicode encodings. For Russian you have KOI8 and Windows cp1251. And less frequently used ISO8859-5 (Latin/Cyrillic)
I don't know what you mean with "ANSI". This is an American organisation that has nothing to do with Russia or Russian. Perhaps you mean Windows codepage 1251. In that case:
Use ISO8859-5 (Latin/Cyrillic). Image. The subtitle program you have should have the encoding option.
I need ANSI
Why?

Return to “General talk”