Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pattibca

Subtitltes Not Showing Up within TV Shows or Movies

Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:05 am

Hi. I am on an ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet (7", 16GB, 2013 Model) using Chromecast Ultra to cast to my TV. I have been trying to get subtitles to work in Kodi Matrix v19.3 in either the Crew Add-on or the Promise Add-on. I have followed all the instructions that I have read on other websites to get it working but they don't show up when I download them. I used to be able to download them before, but I can't recall if I have been able to get them since I switched from Kodi Leia to Matrix, I am pretty sure I have had them in Matrix but not positive. It's just been in the last couple of months that I have been unable to get them working. They look like they download fine but nothing comes up on the screen. In The Promise add-on, up in the corner it says "EL Subtitles Downloaded" before I even go to the cog wheel in subtitle settings and download subtitles. I registered with both opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com, but yesterday, I went into opensubtitles.org and it says they are moving to opensubtitles.com so maybe it just isn't working yet? I went into Kodi, in settings, under Add-ons, into install from repository. In the Kodi Add-on repository, I have installed both opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com and configured them with the passwords that I used to register on both sites. Back in settings, I have gone to Player/Languge and added Opensubtitles.org to Default TV and Movie show services. In Add-ons on the home screen, I have gone to The Promise into Tools/Settings/Subtitles and enabled subtitles, then Tool/Settings/Accounts but only Opensubtitles.org shows up so I entered the username & password for it. In the Crew under Tool/Settings/Accounts there is no place at all to put in a username or password. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not a very familiar with all this technology so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Subtitltes Not Showing Up within TV Shows or Movies

Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:04 pm

This is a little confusing, you said : I entered the username & password for it an then you say there is no place at all to put in a username or password...

Try this :
Check this topic : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17153#p43735
or https://blog.opensubtitles.org/programs ... -login-fix
Also, there is new KODI addon, which is using opensubtitles.COM site, so if you using that one, obviously you have to have *import* from opensubtitles.org to opensubtitles.com account...

Did you download the new add-on?
If yes, you have to *import* from opensubtitles.org to opensubtitles.com account :

https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/users/import

pattibca

Re: Subtitltes Not Showing Up within TV Shows or Movies

Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:35 pm

There was no place in The Crew for a username & password, only in The Promise. I got it working. I had to connect opensubtitles.org with opensubtitles.com. Thanks anyways.

Return to “General talk”