Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
KrombopulosMichael

Illuminaughty

Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:10 am

While watching Farscape on my Plex server I noticed some of the auto downloaded subs have this at the end, or even in the middle of an episode;
Who are the real-world Illuminati ?
Find out @ saveanilluminati.com
I first noticed it on S3 E4.

So I went onto the desktop site to see if I could find those particular subs but couldn't. Plex only shows 1 or 2 subs per episode but the site shows like 10 for each one. I tried downloading a few but couldn't find any with that in the srt file.

Then I went over to filebot to download some and decided to look at the srt it downloaded for 3x4 and, sure enough, it had that as the last line.
Again though, I cant seem to find that file on the desktop site. It's named
Farscape - S03E04 - Self Inflicted Wounds (2) - Wait for the Wheel Bluray-1080p.eng.srt
It's also on a file from the same episode named
Farscape Season 03 Episode 04 - Self-Inflicted Wounds (Part 2) - Wait for the Wheel TSV-eng.srt
Is there a way to find these files/who uploaded them and filter them out or something? It's incredibly annoying

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Illuminaughty

Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:59 am

If you use the website to download subs manually, the website shows advertisements on the web pages. But if you use API-software to download subs from OpenSubtitles there are no such ads. To 'compensate' this, those subs may have ads included inside the subs. Those advertisements are inserted into the subs on-the-fly.

I think this is what happened: these are paid advertisements, added by OpenSubtitles, and thus ONLY for API-users.

This explains why you could not find "saveanilluminati" inside https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... e-wheel-en when downloading it manually for the website.

I could not find your first example (file name "Farscape - S03E04 - Self Inflicted Wounds (2) - Wait for the Wheel Bluray-1080p.eng.srt"). I am not very familiar how these API-programs are working exactly, but possibly this subtitle came from a web site other than OpenSubtitles.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

KrombopulosMichael

Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:42 pm

If you use the website to download subs manually, the website shows advertisements on the web pages. But if you use API-software to download subs from OpenSubtitles there are no such ads. To 'compensate' this, those subs may have ads included inside the subs. Those advertisements are inserted into the subs on-the-fly
Ah, ok that makes sense. If I were to become a gold/vip member would that not be a problem anymore? I really dont mind paying for a service that I have a use for but I also dont like paying for ads. If I were to get vip, could I still use FileBot or some other program to do larger batches at one time without worrying about ads being inserted into the subs?

KrombopulosMichael

Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:44 pm

Also as far as I'm aware FileBot only uses OS, that's why I was a little confused as to why I couldn't find that first example

oss
Site Admin

Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:29 pm

yeah when you become VIP these ads will be not added to subs. And filebot and other programs which uses our API will download subs without ads.

Return to “General talk”