Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
cttheman

Introducing Project Cinegallic

Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:27 pm

Greetings, everyone:

I am putting together a group called "Project Cinegallic", it is a group dedicated to creating and crowdfunding English subbed releases of rare French films. That way English-speaking fans of French cinema will be able to view and understand films that have never been available with English subtitles. I have not announced yet what the first film will be but if you guys are interested in my mission then you might want to follow Project Cinegallic on social media:

https://linktr.ee/cinegallicproject

And I will need help with tracking down high quality copies of certain films. If you are interested and helping me that task than you can email me at [email protected] or message me on social media.

Thank you in advance for your support.

urkexia

Re: Introducing Project Cinegallic

Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:56 pm

What are your plans on collaboration in terms of subtitling the films, possibly manually? Subtitling requires intensive time investment when done properly. How would you go about having a film with multiple people collaborating at the same time?

I'm just curious. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with french.

cttheman

Re: Introducing Project Cinegallic

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 am

I plan on having a translator create English subtitles once I have finished raising the funds.

The crowdfund campaign for our first project is now live, by the way.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ci ... -subtitles

Return to “General talk”