Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hector

bad links in web site

Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:17 pm

Hi.

I'm reporting this in case it can be helpful for debugging. I find errors like this once in a while.
If you try to follow this link which should be valid,
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -window-hr

it redirects to https://www.opensubtitles.org/msg-dmca

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: bad links in web site

Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi,

I don't think that's a debugging issue, but rather intentional.
Read more here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17428&start=60#p47400
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

hector

Re: bad links in web site

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:31 pm

OK, so this is about copyright and all that. So I must think that this subtitle has been blocked in response to some complaint.

I still don't understand why only one language is blocked. I guess the audio track is copyritghted but can it be applied to translations of it? Or even transcriptions of it? Please, excuse me for my lack of knowledge about law and legal terminology.

And anyway, I think the redirection is wrong. "dmca" works, "msg-dmca" does not.

Return to “General talk”