Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
suadnovic

Browser search strings for top results

Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:13 pm

Something isn't Ok with search, all subtitle for this movie on subties page doesn't work. Also, can't google subtitles for White Elephant (2020), which I added. Something for the maintenance guys, I guess.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Warning

Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Something isn't Ok with search, all subtitle for this movie on subties page doesn't work. Also, can't google subtitles for White Elephant (2020), which I added. Something for the maintenance guys, I guess.
So, i search for White Elephant (2020) and i get https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... lephant-en

:roll:

suadnovic

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:26 am

Ok, but way can't google it...
https://www.google.com/search?q=White+E ... art=0&sa=N
https://www.google.com/search?q=White+E ... rt=10&sa=N
here isn't found subtitle on opensubtitles.org.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:44 pm

we can not control how google is indexing our page and add it to search results. sometimes we are on first page, sometimes we are lost in results...

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm

@oss

Suad always uses our forum as a one-stop-shop for all the wordly questions. :lol:

@Suad

Change and edit your Google search string to:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&s ... fns=1&q=%s
Keyword to:
kwrd

That should be one of the best search strings. Mostly works as "I'm feeling lucky" search and normally gives you top results.
Try it, if your browser allows edits of search strings. On Firefox, you can add "Google browse by name" extension for a similar affect.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:55 pm

Only now did I see that he couldn't find the subtitles on google and not on the website. :shock: :lol:

Suadnovic if you search in the google for the following: White Elephant (2020) subtitles
The result appears on the first page.

https://www.google.com/search?q=White+E ... nt=gws-wiz

There was an s missing in your search.
Simple. :lol:

Cumps

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:23 pm

You know, this topic is already off-topic and shouldn't even exist, as not really subtitle or site related, but what the heck. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :D

I have questions, too. :D
Anyone know how to get the above results using DuckDuckGo as search engine? What search string and keyword?

You can use "!" bangs or "\" before the search word in the URL bar, but how to get those same "I'm feeling Ducky" results without typing "!" or "\" as standard?

Suadnovic?
Func?
Mission control?
Houston?
Anyone?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Browser search strings for top results

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:16 pm

I tried now using DuckDuckGo and the result appears on the first page.
Even without the s.

Or with the extension for Firefox : Feeling Ducky
Last edited by Funchalense on Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suadnovic

Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:43 pm

I use Opera with google as default search engines, I don't get this with DuckDuckGo.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:30 pm

I use Opera with google as default search engines, I don't get this with DuckDuckGo.
Forget duckduck, it was just an example.
In google search put this : White Elephant (2020) subtitles
And you will find the link to your subtitle.

suadnovic

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:24 pm

I put, and nothing. All I get is link to this topic on page 2.

suadnovic

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:37 pm

And on search with The Valet (2022) subtitles,
<b>on 6 first pages opensubtitles.org is missing</b>. and now I see is on page 8. This is strange to me, before, my results were always on the 1. page. Maybe administrator should ask Google way is so.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:00 pm

You must be doing something wrong, or you have an old version of opera.
I tried with opera and the result appears right on the first page.
Use site search.

Sorry Suaadnovic but we don't have to ask google anything, as Oss said :
we can not control how google is indexing our page and add it to search results. sometimes we are on first page, sometimes we are lost in results...

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:22 pm

guys, google works in different way, each of you can see different results. Suadnovic, you have to search for subtitles, then always click on opensubtitles result, then google knows you like OS, so it will rank higher... there are like 100 variables for SERPS

Return to “General talk”