Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
zionassedo

subtitles generator

Mon May 23, 2022 1:00 pm

Hi,

I got a documentary but without subtitles, can someone make me a suggestion ? (I'd like a free solution)

joeferrara2000

Re: subtitles generator

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:18 pm

Try Subtitle Edit. It is free and has a converter.

DatDudeCee

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:50 am

I have been trying EVERYTHING BRUH. First let me get this out the way...ANY of the "FREE" options (software/Apps) are going to produce GARBAGE subtitles. Check out my "To the Lake"(Epidemiya) Season 2 subtitles as proof. The only FREE Speech-To-Text software that are dedicated to VIDEO EDITING is Subtitle Edit and Kdenlive. Please Note: there ARE more Speech-To-Text/Closed Captioning Ai's and Software available... but its always some catch to them. Either its for Dictation/Interviews, meaning the Program is built to Transcribe/Caption in a QUIET SETTING WITH NO BACKROUND NOISE, or it might be a good program that'll do the job, but they charge out the A$$ for the software (Adobe Premiere, Nuance Dragon).
I used the Good Ol' Popular Subtitle Edit's Speech to Text ai to create those To the Lake Season 2 subs. And get this...I used one of the BEST AUDIO EDITING Programs on the Market to Delete the Backround Noise/Music and ISOLATE the TV Shows Dialog BEFORE I ran it thru the Speech to Text program. And it STILL produced Bu!!$h!t subs. I still got a few tricks I think I can do to pull out better results, but most of said "tricks" require mad time and trial-and-error attempts before I can come out with at least 70-80% correct subs (Thats my Goal).
To CORRECTLY pull off decent results. You would have to SEPERATE the Audio from the Video (its easier than it sounds..Plenty of Free programs that can do that). Split the Parts of the Movie where its ONLY talking and no Backround Noise from the parts with a Mild amount of backround noise like, Only Music..from the other parts where its a LOT of Backround Noise and Quick Dialog(those are gonna be the hardest to Subtitle). Take all those Audio Clips and run it through various Ai's like De-Hum, De-Noise, De-Crackle, De-Wind, De-Reverb and ALL THOSE Little Backround Noises that clutter the sound. Then Isolate the Dialoge from ALL the clips (which you'll have to really play with).
Then AFTER ALL the Audio is processed into ONLY DIALOG (which wont be perfect). You have to find THE BEST Speech-To-Text/Transcription/Dictation Software Ai to Process all that crap. And The BEST will only get you 60-89% depending on how quiet you got the backround to be. And that BEST software cost 150$ AND UP.
As you can tell...Ive been trying to figure this out for a hot minute now. If ANYONE has anything to INPUT or ANY other way that they successfully Generated Subtitles for a Movie....I am ALL EARS.

zionassedo

Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:33 pm

I did what you said, got the whole text (99%) then used this pretty fine software which is "Subtitle Edit" and made the timing seconds by seconds.
Now I'm looking for an american mother tongue speaker who would check out the result. Sometimes the guys spoek so badly that the transcription speech-to-text could not render the speaker text.
That fore, I'm ready to pute both files (the movie and the srt file) on share from my drive

Return to “General talk”