Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
cezarcovataru

Help please with Ukrainian subtitle translating/ overwriting

Sat May 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Hello, good people. I'm Cezar, Romanian living in UK since 8 years. For me, English and American movies was the fastest and ease way to learn / improving my English. Firstly, watching movies with Romanian subtitles; then after, using 2 subtitles, bottom and top (BSPlayer do this), Romanian and English. After that, watching using English subtitles only; finally no subtitles now.
My dad was born in Ukraine. I feel about Ukrainian people being somehow like a part of my family. Nowadays, more and more people fleeing from war, including to UK. I try to do something to help. In my case that way to learn English it was efficient; but I'm becoming from a country where the English is like a second natural choice. For Ukrainians, is more harder (how many of you knows Ukrainian, or Russian? or even Greek?) That's my point.
I try to find some subtitle files online, here and not only. But all I find it was just a few. So, I tried to open the Sub file with Notepad, then Select All, Copy, Paste in a Google translate web window; then Copy the Ukrainian translation and Paste in another Txt document (or just overwriting the Romanian or English text in the original Sub file). But that is not working. I don't know how to do this.
In other cases, I found some Ukrainian subtitles online (Moonstruck, Ghost Busters Afterlife) but my most used player (BS Player) didn't show properly, despite the Font is set as Cyrilic. If I use other players to play the same movie (Windows Movie Player and VLC) it shows; but I cannot increase the font size on screen, like using BS Player. Many refugee people having no computers, they using mainly their mobile phones; so I need to use bigger font size to be able to read them on 6 or 7 inches display.
For just a few movies, I succeeded to record the screen in order to assembly the video, sound and subtitles together; then I compressed that big file (about 20 to 30GB) in a much smaller using Ashampoo Srink and Burn, to less than 1GB; then uploading on Facebook or Dropbox or Mega.
But I have a few more good movies (Overboard1987, The Three fugitives, Nothing to lose) and any struggle to do this was unsuccesfully.
Kindly thans to everyone will helping me with this.

Return to “General talk”