Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
QwithoutA

Any way of checking when everyone downloaded your subs?

Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:00 pm

Hi all! Wasn't sure how to phrase the question in the subject line, hope this works.

I have posted a few different subtitles to opensubtitles.org and don't look at my stats too often. But I saw something unexpected recently... Basically, a set of subtitles I uploaded in November last year was not getting a lot of downloads at first - but between early January and the end of March this year, that specific set of subs had gone from about 50 to over 400 downloads! None of my other subs had gotten near the same amount of attention - including the other subs related to the same series - so now I'm full of questions as to why that specific entry got attention.

I know there is a counter saying that it's been X hours since the last person downloaded your subtitles, but is there any way for me to check statistics showing a more detailed overview of during which time periods people downloaded the subs previously? Because I would really love to know if the downloads trickled in slowly over several months or I could pinpoint some event that got a lot of people to want to watch the movie again at the same time.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Any way of checking when everyone downloaded your subs?

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:21 pm

As far as I know, there is no such detailed statistics.

All I can think of for your sudden increase of downloads is that you initially uploaded your subs through the upload webpage and thus without a socalled 'hashcode'. These hashcodes are meant to identify a specific matching video file. Subtitles without any hashcode are often not seen at all by download software. After a while, a hashcode was added and since then the subs are seen by those software. Most likely this increased the number of downloads.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”