Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
timothybest

Login problems

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:46 am

When I try to login about 75% of the time it doesn't log me in - I type the correct username and password and it refreshes then says I am not logged in. The other 25% of the time it logs in ok.
This all started when you got hacked. Also it frequently says the CAPTCHA is incorrect even though I never get any picture to click on. I am a paid VIP user but can't access the web site.
username timothybest

Entotre

Re: Login problems

Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:12 pm

I am having the same problem on my smart TV and Android tablet post-hack. Completely unable to log in to opensubtitles.org, ergo I can no longer select "play with subtitles" in apps such as Tea TV or Nova. When I attempt log-in, I receive a message saying there is no internet connection, which is wrong or that my user name and/or password is/are incorrect.... also wrong. I have to select "play" then search for subs whilst pausing the show. Long-winded approach, but most of the time I can get subs this way. I have no problem getting subs from Subscene if they are available. When I try "play with subtitles" I receive the error message "download subs failed".

oss
Site Admin

Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:45 pm

hi, it is quite strange and sorry to hear about your frustrations, send me your IP address, that would be first to check. For captcha and stuff - please use (try at least) browser in incognito/private mode, it really can help

Edit:
If you're using an ad-blocker, that can sometimes mess with the captcha or block it. Before you click log-in, if there is no captcha to fill in, that means it was blocked and log-in won't work. Try without ad-blocker and reload page and then try log-in, captcha should appear.

for @entotre, without some debug log, hard to help - we dont use those apps, so we dont know what is really going on.

fnogales

Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:43 pm

Same problem. I try to access Opensubtitles repeatedly. Always get a 401 message

oss
Site Admin

Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:37 am

Hi @fnogales. You are probably speaking about API, and we dont know if new API, or old API (different passwords). So it helps, when you write as much details as possible, and also make sure you can login on website (org or/and com)

dbkalyan

Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:56 am

I am also having login problem on Android box.with correct credentials. It will log in on subtitle.org website but not on the box. The issue appears to be link between website and utility like Android Box thst I am using. Is there a solution? I registered with a different email address and login credentials and still says login failed. What is the problem with the system?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:12 am

hi, the best would be to send debug log, because it should work.

GameOverAus

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:38 am

Same problem today. Using Filebot, it just spins it's wheels trying to login

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:41 am

website was down for a while. You can always check status here:
https://monitor.opensubtitles.org/public.php

GameOverAus

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:18 pm

Been using only a few days and seems to be common.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:59 pm

we recommend to use www.opensubtitles.com, .org will go down sooner or later.

Return to “General talk”