Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jivan28

Can somebody make a 23.976 fps SRT of ***** ?

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:38 pm

Hi,

Can somebody make an srt of *****? All the ones listed are actually 29.970 fps, even the one listed as 23.976 fps is wrong. Can somebody fix, thank you :)
Last edited by SmallBrother on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This forum is not for making specific subtitle requests. But as general question it makes sense.

newkinds

Re: Can somebody make a 23.976 fps SRT of The Coroner S01E02 ?

Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:32 pm

Hi,

Can somebody make an srt of *****? All the ones listed are actually 29.970 fps, even the one listed as 23.976 fps is wrong. Can somebody fix, thank you :)
just use python tool ffsubsync to adjust it to your release.
https://github.com/smacke/ffsubsync

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Re: Can somebody make a 23.976 fps SRT of ***** ?

Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:15 pm

Hello Jivan28,

There are several series with that title, am not sure if you are referring to the BBC version I did some work on, or for the new series (2019) of the same name.

Would also like to thank newkinds for his reply, I've used this tool many times and it does have its' usefulness in tweaking of subtitles. However, it is not the subtitle panacea for all instances.

I recall doing several resyncs for you in the past where tools like subsync and many of the point sync sub utilities are not viable solutions. In both of those cases, a reasonable amount of work/time went in to tweaking subtitles, due to various differences in the video source that you were requesting sync to.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17228&p=44253&hilit ... les#p44253

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17268&p=44417&hilit ... irl#p44417

To properly sync these subtitles, this required not only the text based sub files, but also the "actual video source" in which to sync to. These can sometimes be difficult to acquire.

SmallBrother wrote a very nice response prior in addressing synchronization and the complexities involved. He is a much better wordsmith than I, here he describes the process and many of the issues involved, from a prior request you submitted.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16514&p=40085&hilit ... FPS#p40085

Hope this helps...........

Return to “General talk”