Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Spectrogfx

explosiveskull is a bad admin

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Instead of answering questions and solve the issues, explosiveskull is just aggressive and threatening. So I deleted my two PROPER subtitles for OSS 117 (full english sub and partial french). Then for now, I stop to help/upload on opensubtitle, I prefer to help/upload on other subtitle sites with more friendly admins. I hope for opensubtitle that "os" will find better admins than him.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: explosiveskull is a bad admin

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:14 pm

Instead of vague and undocumented accusations, please provide some more info and be more specific.
Please explain what is "aggressive" and "threatening", and what issue you would like to be solved, how and why.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Spectrogfx @ about 20 hours ago [gold member]
This release has no English dubbed audio, so what's the point of this subtitle ?
explosiveskull @ about 9 hours ago [administrator]
Please stop this. If we have decided to keep it, it's gonna stay.
Spectrogfx @ about 8 hours ago [gold member]
This is not an answer to the question.
explosiveskull @ about 8 hours ago [administrator]
I can give you a warning for ignoring admin's comments, how's that for an answer?
Spectrogfx @ about 7 hours ago [gold member]
Answering isn't ignoring. No need, then I stop to help on opensubtitle. Good luck.
Spectrogfx @ about 5 hours ago [gold member]
You just lost one of the best French uploader so far, good job.
explosiveskull @ about 2 hours ago

Here : https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... th-love-en

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:51 pm

The precise problem was : I post the COMPLETE English subtitle for the latest OSS 177 (Ulysse release with only French audio) and the French sub with only foreign parts. Someone translated the "foreign parts only" to English but this is totally usefull as the audio in in french anyway. People started to download this one who is useless and wrote some comments to say it's not the full subtitle on my complete subtitle thinking that's the one they downloaded. So I asked why you keep the useless subtitle as people download it by mistake. explosiveskull answer :

This release has no English dubbed audio, so what's the point of this subtitle ?
I can give you a warning for ignoring admin's comments, how's that for an answer?
Answering isn't ignoring. No need, then I stop to help on opensubtitle. Good luck.

Sorry but I do a hard work on subs for opensubtitles, so this kind of answer to a simple question, and then "I can give you a warning for ignoring admin's comments" isn't welcome at all. Especially from a guy who already be demoted one because he's bad.

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:53 pm

"totally useless" not usefull, there is no way to edit posts here? ...

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:11 pm

"totally useless" not usefull, there is no way to edit posts here? ...
Eeeeeh, yes and no...
But I think I did the job:
The precise problem was : I post the COMPLETE English subtitle for the latest OSS 177 (Ulysse release with only French audio) and the French sub with only foreign parts. Someone translated the "foreign parts only" to English but this is totally useless as the audio in in french anyway. People started to download this one who is useless and wrote some comments to say it's not the full subtitle on my complete subtitle thinking that's the one they downloaded. So I asked why you keep the useless subtitle as people download it by mistake. explosiveskull answer :

Sorry but I do a hard work on subs for opensubtitles, so this kind of answer to a simple question, and then "I can give you a warning for ignoring admin's comments" isn't welcome at all. Especially from a guy who already be demoted one because he's bad.
Is this what you meant to say?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:39 pm

The site accept subtitles translated for the "foreign parts only" i don't know why you say it is useless.
What is useless for you may not be for others.
Why not keep the 2, the complete subtitle and the foreign parts only.
I see that you deleted yours...
Explosiveskull is the english admin.
If he or the other admins thought they should keep that subtitle, they know what's best for the English section.
In this "case", I don't think he is a bad admin, nor is there any reason for you stop contribute....... :shock:

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:02 pm

OSS.117.Alerte.Rouge.en.Afrique.Noire.2021.FRENCH.1080p.BluRay.x264-Ulysse.mkv This release is French audio only, with 30 talks in Russian. What's the point to have this 30 lines in English, but not the 1800 lines of french translated?? Especially when people are confused because it's the same release name, and download the one with 30 lines in english instead the complete one with 1800 lines in English ? Who can understand the French but not read it??

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:04 pm

In this "case", I don't think he is a bad admin, nor is there any reason for you stop contribute....... :shock:
In specific:
I agree. You could just upload your version. No problem.

In general:
Explosiveskull could improve a bit with the tone of his messages. True.
Explosiveskull has received some shit about deleting subs too easily. Okay.
But now... the problem is NOT deleting subs...?

After 10 years of admin experience, I know being admin is pretty tough. Whatever you do, always SOMEONE is not happy. But in general, admins are trying to do what they think is best. And admins don't always have the time to extensively discuss in detail WHY they are doing what they are doing.

Please understand.
And please continue uploading your subs.

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:08 pm

"In this "case", I don't think he is a bad admin, nor is there any reason for you stop contribute......."

The reason is more how he talked :
"Please stop this. If we have decided to keep it, it's gonna stay." Stop what? How I know you decided anything?...
"I can give you a warning for ignoring admin's comments, how's that for an answer?" Because I'm trying to talk and share??
Sorry but I deserve way more respect after all my work on subtitles here than this aggressive and threatening moderator do. He didn't even tried to talk first. He's just mad.

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:17 pm

"I agree. You could just upload your version. No problem." Well, then right know he has only his sh*tty version with 40 lines, as I deletded my complete one after he threaten me like this. Good job, nice subs in the english section ! lol

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:21 pm

"In this "case", I don't think he is a bad admin, nor is there any reason for you stop contribute......."

The reason is more how he talked :
"Please stop this. If we have decided to keep it, it's gonna stay." Stop what? How I know you decided anything?...
"I can give you a warning for ignoring admin's comments, how's that for an answer?" Because I'm trying to talk and share??
Sorry but I deserve way more respect after all my work on subtitles here than this aggressive and threatening moderator do. He didn't even tried to talk first. He's just mad.
I understand what you are saying. But once again:
"Explosiveskull could improve a bit with the tone of his messages. True."

Now please calm down and lets wait for a reply from explosiveskull.
Meanwhile, just continue uploading. I think life is not that bad...

Spectrogfx

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:46 pm

No, as it is right now, I won't upload any more. I need rewards and listening, not threatened. And I doubt explosiveskull will answer to anything, as he isn't a good modo, he doesn't care of everything. I hope higher admins will talk to him or take actions against him.

BlowsFXP

Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:35 am

I was waiting for this to happen... if it had been a mosquito it would have bitten me

explosiveskull

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:31 am

You forgot to post this:

Spectrogfx @ Thu 9 Dec 18:00:49 2021 [gold member]
You should respect uploaders who do great job here. Remember you already been demoted once.

Matters like this are none of your business, you're not in a position to threaten admins of the site. You have a serious issue with knowing your place. I have therefore issued a warning on your profile 'cause you have pretty much moved the argument from having a forced subtitle up to threatening an admin as a normal user. While we appreciate people contributing to the community, egoing is not tolerated, especially when you threaten admins. Now whether or not you wanna continue posting on OpenSubtitles is your choice, but I'm not gonna bow down and beg for your contribution. Unlike what you and many others think, I'm not a punching bag here so that you can move forward with how you like the site to be. Do your thing, report stuff, but leave moderation matters to us. That's the end of it.

Return to “General talk”