Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
VIDIOT

Blacklist URL

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:37 pm

OpenSubtitles.org is my go-to for subtitles,but every time I go there my Avast Antivirus quarantine's the Blacklist URL virus.

I can't be the only person this is happening to? Is there any initiative to remove this virus from the site?

OpenSubtitles is such a useful website but I'd like to have more confidence that my box isn't going to get infected from using it!

Thanks for your eyes on,,,

CS

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Blacklist URL

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Try using opensubtitles.com and verify if it happens there. If not, use that version of the site instead.
If so, try using Ublock or some adblocker and try using .org version again. Still a problem?
Try with incognito/private mode. Still a problem?
Try a different browser. Still a problem?

Try clearing your cookies/cache and reload site after each test. Still a problem?

If there aren't random pop-ups popping up on your screen asking you to click them, I can't imagine anything is there to infect you. It could be an advert or banner that's triggering that warning and Avast is being sensitive about it.
And, no, I don't have that problem whilst using Norton AV.
Nor am I able to replicate the problem.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

VIDIOT

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Thank you - opensubtitles.com does not generate the Blacklist removal.
I've changed my bookmark.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 am

it would be interesting to know why it is doing blacklist, for which resource on opensubtitles.org

Return to “General talk”