Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
yearoftherabbit

Questions about becoming VIP

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Good day,

When I open opensubtitles.org I get a banner above my screen with a message about my adblocker. Following this remark it then states I can become VIP for €10. When I want to pay through PayPal, I get to the FlixTools Store. Here the amount is
"€13,45 yearly".

1. What is with the €3,45 difference?
2. Does "yearly" imply this donation is recurring on a yearly basis?
3. How is known which account is to be upgraded? Is the e-mailaddress you fill in in the FlixTools Store cross referenced with the e-mailaddress used for registration on opensubtitles.org?
4. And once VIP-status is obtained, is this usable on opensubtitles.com as well?
(Because when I tried to login with my account from opensubtitles.org I didn't succeed. I did check username/password multiple times. Perhaps I made a mistake many times... Or it just isn't possible.)

Thanks in advance!

oss
Site Admin

Re: Questions about becoming VIP

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:16 pm

>1. What is with the €3,45 difference?

we want people using crypto currencies, paypal is the worst company for this (high fees, blocking accounts...)

> 2. Does "yearly" imply this donation is recurring on a yearly basis?

when you using fastspring (where is also TAX added), then yes, it is recurring, but you can cancel subscription any time.

> 3. How is known which account is to be upgraded? Is the e-mailaddress you fill in in the FlixTools Store cross referenced with the e-mailaddress used for registration on opensubtitles.org?

you can become VIP only if you are logged-in, so yes.

> 4. And once VIP-status is obtained, is this usable on opensubtitles.com as well?

yes

yearoftherabbit

Re: Questions about becoming VIP

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Thank you for your swift and helpful answer.

Return to “General talk”