Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
feltz

Ads in Subs while VIP

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:13 am

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i bought VIP on my account, yet the subs that I download still have ads in them.

Using API through Plex, which is hooked up to my account.

What do i gotta do to fix this?

oss
Site Admin

Re: Ads in Subs while VIP

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:17 pm

Hi

PLEX is caching all subtitles, so if you dont want to have ads in subs, you have to delete all subtitles and download again.

feltz

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:01 am

I have deleted all my cached subs, and even new shows/movies have ADs in them.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:35 am

Hi

you are VIP user: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-6095327

try to use another software, so you can compare. Also, show us some example of ads you see, because maybe they are not ads, but credits of users who upload subtitles. Thank you

feltz

Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:03 am

I found the problem, its with Plex itself for manually downloaded subtitles. It uses an anonymous connection rather than a specified account.

For anyone else running into this problem, reply to this thread so it gets prioritized by the Plex team.
https://forums.plex.tv/t/when-searching ... sed/737954

oss
Site Admin

Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:11 pm

thanks good to know. We recommend to use SubZero addon for PLEX, it is superior IMHO to standard, built one. (I dont use PLEX).

Return to “General talk”