Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
killianB

File search problem

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:57 am

Hello,

I put a SRT file on the opensubtitles database but when I search on the apple application I can't find it do you know why?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: File search problem

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Hello,

I put a SRT file on the opensubtitles database but when I search on the apple application I can't find it do you know why?
Did you upload it using a program or through the website.
if you uploaded through the site, as the moviehash is not added the programs cannot find the subtitle.

in short: when you upload subtitles using program, also moviehash is stored in opensubtitles (it is something like checksum - digital sinature of movie file, but very fast), so when somebody else is search by moviehash, they can find it. Idea behind is, in theory, there should be always good subtitles for movies - so you wouldnt get SHIFTED or subs for different release, when you are using fulltext search.

That means:
- if you (or somebody else) don't upload subtitles using program, no other program (in simple way) can not find those subtitles, because moviehash doesnt exists - it is not linked with subtitles.

kurupt13

Re: File search problem

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 pm

maybe its corrupted? make sure to use proper formatting on the srt file could be a small error somewhere causing it now to read properly

Return to “General talk”