Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
RealCLARITY

Subtitle Uploaded Automatically

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:30 am

How a subtitle is uploaded from my account without me knowing it? What kind of sorcery is this? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Subtitle Link: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... extinct-en

oss
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle Uploaded Automatically

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:44 am

it is quite strange if you didnt upload it. We can remove your username from it.

RealCLARITY

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Are the admins capable of uploading subs on behalf of any user?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:49 pm

Literally, no. But admins can set any subtitle to (or unset from) any account, afterwards.

Still: do you mind this subtitle on your account?
If so, we can remove it.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

explosiveskull

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 pm

I set the uploader to your account today. I don't get why you try to backchannel via someone else first, complaining that sub is not uploaded under your account, then when we take action in favor of the creators of the sub, which you're one of, you come here to complain that it's uploaded under your account. Make up your mind please.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:36 am

wow, strange.

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:06 pm

I'm guessing someone uploaded your subtitle as "anonymous" and then someone reported it as yours (maybe you yourself), therefore an admin took action (explosiveskull) and put it in your name.

Below is a guide how you can make/send reports for admins to see and take action for situation like this one:

https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... f=1&t=2595

Above guide can also be used to remove your own uploader name or to add your name as uploader to an anonymous sub.
If the subtitle has been uploaded by a registered user, then the name of that user will not be changed to yours without a very good reason. So the best thing to do is to upload your work here before others do.

In regards to the title of the thread, "Subtitle Uploaded Automatically".
Some users use programs to download and upload subtitles automatically, so someone can use a program to upload your subs here automatically, but not on your name.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Return to “General talk”