Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Tato56sjrp

Wrong dated of creation on downloaded subtitle... any explanation?

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 pm

I just download a subtitle for a movie from opensubtitles.org.

In the file explorer the date of creation ofthe zip file appears as 24/06/21 15:36 (the time in my country).

That's correct since it's the exact date and hour I downloaded the zip file.

But the files I extract from the zip file - both the srt and nfo files - appear as being created on 24/06/21 20:36.

My question is: why 20:36? That's more than 4 hours from now. Is there any explanation for that?

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Wrong dated of creation on downloaded subtitle... any explanation?

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:51 pm

No offence, pal, but why would that affect you?
The first time by what you say is the time you downloaded the file in your country.
The second time (I'm assuming) would be the time of the internal clock of the website which would be depending on the country the website server is located at.
If it affects you, then download the subtitle by directly clicking on the .srt filename. That won't download any NFO or zip folder.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Return to “General talk”