Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Webdoc

Adverts

Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 pm

Hello

I have Just become a VIP when downloading subtitles they still have the following inserted

00:00:06,000 --> 00:00:12,074
Advertise your product or brand here
contact www.OpenSubtitles.org today

Apart from me manualy deleting the lines, can someone please point me to what I maybe missing

Thanks

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Adverts

Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi,

Basically, If you're using a program to download subs, that advert can be in there as your VIP membership isn't associated with the said program.

Manually downloading the subs from the website shouldn't imprint any advertisement in the file, unless it was already in there and uploaded by someone like that.
VIP membership normally blocks all advertisements on the website, ie, webpages.

Check out the following topic for an answer: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17459#p45409

And your understanding of things maybe came from this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17459#p45428
Maybe have a word with oss for more clarification into VIP member "AD free."
Even if that system was fully implemented, it would only work from the new .com site, not from the .org site.

Hope that helps.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Return to “General talk”