Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
smikwily

Unable to transfer, reset password

Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:23 pm

I tried to transfer my account today and when I was prompted to set my password, it threw an error on submission. I tried it again and got the same thing. I thought maybe it had transferred over so I tried a password reset and that also failed.

Unsure if it may be a factor, but noticed in the email that I received about the transfer that my username (same as here in the forums) had an underscore after it. I'm pretty sure that underscore doesn't exist in my user profile on the .org site.

os_dev

Re: Unable to transfer, reset password

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:35 am

Hi,

I couldn't replicate the error... fixed your username (can be done in "profile->edit" ) and sent you a password recovery email, please let me know if you got it.

if not please send me a message through the contact form https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/contact/

smikwily

Re: Unable to transfer, reset password

Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:57 pm

Hi,

I couldn't replicate the error... fixed your username (can be done in "profile->edit" ) and sent you a password recovery email, please let me know if you got it.

if not please send me a message through the contact form https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/contact/
The transfer and password reset emails appeared in the middle of the night for me, so they had expired before I could use them. I was able to do a standard password reset though and it appears to be working. Thank you very much for your help!

Return to “General talk”