Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
4c3T

Payment options for VIP

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi. I was actually considering paying for a VIP status, but then I was faced with some service I've never heard of, Blink or whatever it was.
Seeing as how downloads like these can be considered illegal, depending on which countries legislations we're talking about, I don't want to risk having my name and other sensitive information connected to any site like this.

Didn't see any other payment options, so perhaps something you should work on, or at least obfuscate it in some way so that I can't be traced back to the user. Perhaps that is already the case, but it sure as heck didn't say anything about that on the VIP-page or in the 6 digit access mail.

I don't know where this server is located, and if it's US based there's always the risk of FBI doing a raid and pulling servers, and we'll all end up in some database where some AI program running cross-referencing and stuff.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Payment options for VIP

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:47 pm

Hi thanks for asking - for sure you come to https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/support#vip - where you can pay as you want to. We even support crypto currencies, so you should be find, if you know what are you doing.

Gwyndolin

Thu May 20, 2021 11:49 am

Oh that is really nice, I did not even think that you might actually accept crypto currencies, that is really great.

oss
Site Admin

Fri May 21, 2021 7:26 pm

yeah we accept also beer :)

eskimo68

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:08 pm

I regularly check whether you have some viable crypto coin that could be used for support but it's still a bit bitcoinish. Last time I used BTC for site support was way back in 2013 or something when it costed $30 :D .
Considered coding or subtitles support but I guess time is the only real thing in short supply these days. Don't know where to send the beer either.
Perhaps adding one of the serious payment coins (XRP is especially good for small transactions) would be nice?

(I suppose I could offer support in the way of setting up some better payment options but I doubt I would accept free crypto help from a stranger myself so...)

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:46 am

BTC via LN is totally OK, if you dont want to pay high fees. Also BTC fees are not so high, like 30cents, which is ok...

eskimo68

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:57 pm

Skipped it when I didn't see it as an option in some of the chain/wallet/coin combos I had. But will have a new look next time I go through the status of my coins.

Return to “General talk”