Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
csjjpm

How to upload TV multiple episodes?

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:42 am

Hi,
I've got some english subs for a German show which don't exist here. In the upload page do I attach all three in one submissions or do a separate submission for each episode?
thanks
P

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: How to upload TV multiple episodes?

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:49 pm

Basically, every episode should be separate. Uploading them separately is the most simple and most clear way.

But, if
- you have multiple subs for different episodes of the same tv-show, and
- the naming of the subtitle files contain season and episode (for example "S03E07")
you could upload them all at once and then split them, using the link on top of the page.

Obviously this is the way to do it, if you are dealing with A LOT of episodes.

Try it out... practise with two or three episodes. If something goes wrong, you can correct it using the link "Correct subitltes" and enter the correct IMDb ID of the episode.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:17 pm

Re-posting this prior response/example from scooby007 addressing multiple episode uploads. Instructions in bold underneath.

scooby007
Re: Error: All subtitles for this TV Series

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm
Ah, sorry, I guess I didn't know what you actually meant. If it's the same problem as mrtinkles, then I'll tell you what I told him. As long as by "IMDB series overview" you mean the main root series ID, right?

So for the first link above you gave me, the link for that is: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008500/ And that's what you refer to as: "IMDB series overview"?

Okay, if you come across that again for a series that doesn't have a page full of empty episode slots or individual episode numbers, then use the main root IMDb series ID URL when uploading multiple subtitles for that series.
Like: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008500/ rather than the individual episode URL. Individual episode ID's can be used once the series page exists and you haven't got multiple uploads to upload.

For that to work, the .srt files should be named as: Magic-Kaito1412-S01E01 format. Notice the S01E01 as opposed to S01-E01. Sometimes even the latter naming format may work, but best not to risk it.

Do the following:

1: Have all subtitles named correctly with their release name, if you have the release name.
2: Fill in all data on the upload page and select hearing impaired tab (HI) if they are HI subs and choose correct FPS.
3: In the IMDb ID box, fill the main series URL: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008500/
4: Click "Browse" and select all the subtitles from your folder for that season. Normally 20-30 max at a time.
5: Click on upload.

This may take some time, but the site will split the episodes itself to individual episode slots and assign the individual episode ID's to them automatically. In the end it will either say thank you for your upload or give you a 503-500 error message. That's okay.
Click back on your browser, remove the HI tab from the upload page and select all none HI subtitles now and do the same thing as before.

This will save you a lot of time as opposed to uploading them individually. Bare in mind, the above automatic split and parse (split and assign individual episode IMDb ID) will only work if that series had individual episode IMDb ID's available to begin with. After uploading, check to see if it was done correctly. If any episodes weren't given the individual ID, then just edit them and assign it manually. It's very rare that this method wouldn't work for you.

I checked your subtitles for that series above, and you've been spending way too much time uploading them individually. Thank you, though. :D
Following the above method should also save you a lot of time during upload.

Recap: Only use individual episode ID's when a main series page exists on the site or you have only one or two subtitles to upload. For multiple subs, upload them altogether.

If you use the above method and it still doesn't show properly, contact an admin and ask them to use the "IMDb Update" feature and that should fix any missing episodes after the upload that don't show in the episode list.

Hope that helps and answers your questions.

Link to original post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17221

>
>
>
mrtinkles - -From experience this has worked well for me. Would suggest that for the initial multiple upload to root directory when none exists, keep the quantity of episodes small @ 3-4 as there is a tendency to populate "unclassified episodes" instead of distributing properly across seasons. If so, then use the "correct subtitles" functionality to reassign each errant episode its' correct IMDB number. Been doing this for a spell, and scooby007's directions have saved me much time and effort.

csjjpm

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Thank you for your patience and detailed reply. This worked :-)
It was only three episodes but I named them fully including season/episode and episode title and the upload script has correctly assigned them.
Brilliant.

csjjpm

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:35 pm

Just glad to give something back.

0pener

Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:31 pm

Thanks to mrtinkles and scooby007 for that guide!

I was giving my Star Trek Voyager a make over and saw that in multiple languages the subs were missing: Did the italian first and got pretty bored soon to up them as singles. After short search I found this thread and, hooray!, upping multiples worked like charm <3

BTW, I am impressed that it even handled the double episodes correctly!

Now I thought to continue with french and that utterly failed (season 5):
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... voyager-fr
did put all 25 episodes into one package (25CD) instead of splitting them up properly.

Naming was like
VOY s5e05 576p remux Lx5+10.mkv

Now I deleted them and thought to give it another try with season 7. And seems the drama continues... Neither showing up in my uploads (as of now at least) at
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 6/a-mysqld
nor in the french overview at
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... movie-1733

Any idea what went/goes wrong here?

PS/edit: Just tried to up only 3 eps but same problem
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... voyager-fr

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:33 pm

Any idea what went/goes wrong here?

There's some site issues at the moment, and the devs are migrating all the subs from one database to another and then back again.
Sounds like "The Hobbit, There and Back Again" story, eh? Just not as adventurous or as exciting.

I'd avoid any mass uploads until Wednesday and try again at that time.
Thanks.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

0pener

Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:28 pm

"not as adventurous or as exciting"? Ohgeee! Scary, that sounds very scary, just peed my pants :D Rest assured I won't touch it in the meantime.

Uhm, is wednesday the latest and ultimate wisdom? Or is there a chance this double migration fails utterly and we end up in the dark ages for weeks? (didn't see any announcement or slightest note whatsoever)

PS: Good luck!

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:00 pm

Uhm, is wednesday the latest and ultimate wisdom?
I believe so. Anything can happen at anytime, there are no guarantees in life.
We're not selling Miele washing machines with German engineering guaranteed parts and labour for 10 years. :D

(didn't see any announcement or slightest note whatsoever)
Me neither. Surprising. What's happening wasn't expected, it was meant to be an upgrade with minimum fuss done during the night when Europe was sleeping. There goes that plan.

In the mean time users can still upload individual subtitles with great difficulty. For season packs, I'd deffo wait till Wednesday.

I know the site is awful at the moment, thanks for bearing with us.
Over and out!
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

andor1999

Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:39 pm

I was following the guide here to upload multiple episodes at one time.
It timed out the first time, but succeeded on the second try.
When I checked to see if they were parsed correctly I discovered my first attempt had actually succeeded too.
I had duplicate episodes. I disabled the second set. (3 episodes)
Is it ok to leave them like that or should I report the URL's to support so they can delete them?

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:01 pm

Hi,

Remember the statement from initial posts above:
This may take some time, but the site will split the episodes itself to individual episode slots and assign the individual episode ID's to them automatically. In the end it will either say thank you for your upload or give you a 503-500 error message. That's okay.
Click back on your browser, remove the HI tab from the upload page and select all none HI subtitles now and do the same thing as before.

It seems you experienced the above scenario. Sometimes it can be the fact the site servers were running slow and it didn't upload, if not the case, most likely your subs were uploaded, but best to check first before reattempting the same subs. And surprised you weren't given the duplicate already exists warning by the site.

A quick look at the recent upload section (may take a minute to update new results):
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... uageid-eng
Can change language setting accordingly.

I can see you have deleted them.
Disabled and delete is the same thing on this site. So if you have disabled them, there is no further action to be taken. :D

andor1999

Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:01 am

Thanks, that clears things up nicely. I thought disable just put them on hold.
Yes, I was surprised I didn't get the duplicate warning too. I've gotten it on single uploads before.
I will wait longer after a multiple upload next time. As you say, it does take awhile sometimes before they appear.
I was able to upload all 19 episodes in the end.

Dannni

Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:15 pm

You should do separate submissions for each episode. It'll make it easier for others to find and download the subs they need.

andor1999

Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:49 pm

I'm not sure what you mean?
They're the same as separate uploads in the end, aren't they?
Why would they be harder to find?

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:32 pm

Either bulk uploads or single uploads can be utilized, depending on the user preference. The caveat for individual uploads, is the series and episodes are PRE-EXISTING on OS. Basic parent-child relational DB report structure has already been established and is bidirectional.

When IMDB is NOT CURRENT with the latest season and episode releases, uploading as bulk to the root or series ID is required, as it will create ties to the parent series in the unclassified area within the series structure and allow visibility. Future updates will populate the existing structure, once IMDB becomes current with the new information.

If the parent, root or IMDB ID for the series DOES NOT EXIST on OS, then episodes singly uploaded with IMDB episode ID, will be orphaned without a report to, and float within the DB. New series releases, previously unavailable on OS, require that root or series ID be established, so as the seasons and episode structure can be pulled from IMDB and have a location on OS for episodes to populate.

For existing series, seasons and episodes then, upload whichever way you prefer, although the “preferential” method is en masse. If uploading for a previously unavailable series on OS, then the series ID needs to be established, such as via the bulk upload method.
Last edited by mrtinkles on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General talk”