Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
georgsourm

in order to continue opensubtitles.org subtitle service you need to login

Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:29 pm

hello team ,

i use the airflow app to cast movies on my TV.
the airflow app can find subtitles from opensubtitles.org

but the last few days , when i found a subtitle through the airflow up , the following message appears on tv
"in order to continue opensubtitles.org subtitle service you need to login"

i am registered and logged in to opensubtitles.org from my PC (where the airflow app is installed) but the downloaded subtitles are empty with only the message "in order to continue opensubtitles.org subtitle service you need to login"

please , advise.

thanx and regards

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: in order to continue opensubtitles.org subtitle service you need to login

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:40 pm

Hi,

1: Are you able to log-in to OS through the "airflow app" itself? Not on a browser on the PC, but through the app itself. If so, try that.
2: Also, sounds like a banned IP address, or something that may be failing a cloudflare check. If the above doesn't work, try clearing your cache and change server location of your IP address.

Confirm if anything worked.
Thanks
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

georgsourm

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for your prompt response.

1. Unfortunately , the airflow app does not have a login option for OS in order to check. Automatically find the subtitles , download them to the folder where the movie is , but the *.srt file is empty with only the message ""in order to continue opensubtitles.org subtitle service you need to login"

2, i clear the cache , also i try from another pc , but no luck.

from the browser , i am able to login to opensubtitles.org site and download correct subs.

how , can i check if my public ip address is banned or something falling in cloudflare?

thanks and regards

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 pm

how , can i check if my public ip address is banned or something falling in cloudflare?
thanks and regards
Hello,

Is your IP address a private residential one or a VPN? If a VPN, then change server location and try that.
If a private residential IP address, then forward your IP address to oss in a private PM so he can check if it's banned.
He'll also be able to see if cloudflare is blocking requests from your location.

Other users that had a similar issue were helped by the following topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17153
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a log-in bypass recommended for your app at the moment.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Mrkodi2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:48 am

I just register to Open subtitles and it keep telling me that my username or password are incorrect or empty but I'm typing the rite info. Any help please?

oss
Site Admin

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:09 am

try again later. sometimes API is down, and KODI if there is any error is always giving this (wrong) error message.

make sure you put there your opensubtitles.ORG username and password.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:10 am

for airflow app - if it doesnt have possibility to insert your opensubtitles username and password, it is wrong design and contact airflow app developers to add user authentication

georgsourm

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:44 am

well , i install Kodi to check.
opensubtitles.org add-on works fine with Kodi (must enter username&password)

the problem is with airflow app because is not giving you the option to put username & password for opensubtitles.org

i was notify the vendor .
No answer since today. i ll post the answer from the vwndor when it comes.

thanx again for your help!

Cheers!

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Cool. So just use Kodi until Airflow updates the app to enable login authentication.

Thanks

Return to “General talk”