Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Limon

Subtitles getting out of sync, in a constant way

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 am

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys ever encountered this. It's the first time it happens, I'm watching a show but for each episode, the subtitles get out of sync gradually, I need to manually add about 1sec every... 20 seconds maybe.

I already tried to switch fps within the subtitle, but it gets messy and isn't the problem apparently. I really just need to add a second of delay on the subs every 20sec of movie, getting a delay of 10 seconds at the start and about 2min near the end.

Any suggestion ?

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles getting out of sync, in a constant way

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Are you sure you're selecting the right FPS for the srt as the video file?
Are you sure the video is cut for the same subtitle without any missing/cut/deleted scenes, etc?

If so, then try using point-sync feature in Subtitle Edit.
Following topic will teach you how: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17203&p=44026&hilit ... ync#p44026

Hopefully that helps.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Return to “General talk”